This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
One of the logo variant of Myx.
|Launched||November 20, 2000|
|Owned by||Creative Programs|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||"Your choice. Your music."|
|Headquarters||ABS-CBN Broadcasting Center, Diliman, Quezon City|
|Sister channel(s)||ABS-CBN News Channel, Asianovela Channel, Cinema One, Metro Channel, Cine Mo!, DZMM TeleRadyo, Jeepney TV, Knowledge Channel, Liga, Movie Central, O Shopping, Yey!|
Myx (//) is a Filipino pay TV channel based in Quezon City. The channel is targeted to youth audiences with music video as its primary content. It was introduced on free-to air television through the now-defunct television network Studio 23 in 2000. Some of the programs of Myx was shown on Studio 23 during early morning, afternoon and late evening blocks. In 2002, Myx was launched as a stand-alone 24-hour music channel on cable. On February 28, 2007, an American counterpart was created to cater the Asian-American community in United States. Myx is notable for showing the lyrics as the music video plays which was adapted from video karaoke, a popular pastime in Asia. Since 2006, Myx has given the annual Myx Music Awards to the most influential personalities in the Philippine music industry.
Myx was first aired on November 20, 2000 on ABS-CBN's sister television network, Studio 23. It was intended to be the replacement of MTV Philippines. It aired on Studio 23 during daytime, as a block-timer.
On February 14, 2002, ABS-CBN merged Myx on Channel 23 with then top-rating music cable channel, VID-OK. After the merger, Myx retained its name. However, it carried the format of VID-OK (which plays music videos with lyrics). At first, viewers of both predecessors were cold regarding the said change. However, Myx was able to gain significant audience compared to the channel's main competitors. Since then, Myx became the number one music channel in the Philippines.
On January 16, 2014, Myx stopped airing on Studio 23. This was after the closure of Studio 23 to give way to the new free-to-air sports channel, S+A.
In November 2015, the network celebrated its 15th anniversary. The month-long celebration started with "Myx Mo! 2015" at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds on October 31, 2015. The following day, November 1, 2015, Myx re-branded with new shows and a new look with a major graphics overhaul. Myx also invited past and present VJs for the grand "Myx Homecoming" which was aired as a 4-part special. Finally, the network concluded the celebration with the airing of the Myx 15 documentary on November 20, 2015, the launching day of Myx wayback in 2000.
On July 30, 2018, Myx became available on ABS-CBN TV Plus at Channel 12 (DTT). It was launched as a free trial channel together with O Shopping, Asianovela Channel, Movie Central and Jeepney TV until December 31, 2018. Prior to this, there was Myx2, a tested complimentary channel and later on discontinued before TV Plus was officially launched in 2015.
VJs and hosts
Myx has produced some of the most popular VJs in the country which includes Lourd de Veyra, Luis Manzano, Geoff Eigenmann, Heart Evangelista, Nikki Gil, Bernard Palanca, and Iya Villania. Since 2007, Myx has produced the annual Myx VJ Search with the aim of searching the country's best VJs. The finalists will be given the chance to be a VJ on Myx. The current VJs of Myx are Robi Domingo, Ai dela Cruz, Sunny Kim, Donny Pangilinan, Sharlene San Pedro, Turs Daza, Iñigo Pascual, Samm Alvero and Kaye Reyes.
The majority of the programs of Myx is composed primarily of music-related programming which includes programs with music video countdown for specific genre, artists, as well as music video charts programs. Myx also shows concerts, events, and live performances. Myx also sponsors several special events for televised purposes as well as programs related to pop culture.
- Mellow MYX – features mellow and love music videos and love advises from the resident VJ.
- My MYX – features music video requests from viewers that were sent on the official website.
- MYX Backtrax – features music hits from the early 50's to the early 2010s.
- MYX Moods – features the playlists of your favorite artists and MYX VJs depending on their selected mood.
- MYX Sure-Fire Hits – features music videos with no distractions.
- MYX Take 5 – features 5 music videos from one featured artist.
- MYX Throwback – features the past shows of MYX hosted by previous VJs.
- Pinoy MYX – features the latest and the classics of OPM music videos.
- Pop MYX – features the latest international pop music videos on the planet.
- Star MYX – features the top 5 favorite music videos of all time from your favorite artists or celebrities.
- Rock MYX – features rock music videos.
- Urban MYX – features the hippest of RNB, hiphop, rap, jazz, and soul music videos.
- MYX Daily Top 10: International Edition – features the top 10 most voted and most requested foreign music videos every Mondays through Fridays.
- MYX Daily Top 10: Pinoy Edition – features the top 10 most voted and most requested local music videos every Mondays through Fridays.
- MYX Hit Chart – features the top 20 most voted and most requested local and foreign music videos in a weekly basis.
- MYX International Top 20 – features the top 20 most voted and most requested foreign music videos weekly.
- Pinoy MYX Countdown – features the top 20 most voted and most requested local music videos weekly.
- Club MYX – features club, dance, and EDM music videos.
- Hello K-Idol (also shown in Viu) - features a reality show format showing the journey of some selected aspiring male K-Pop fans that wants to become a K-Pop idol someday; hosted by Kring Kim with mentors Dasuri Choi, Jinho Bae, and Morissette
- MYX Ambushed (currently airing previous episodes) – features an artist dressed in disguise, which its goal is to ambush plain folks and witness. It is also the show wherein plain folks gets to showcase their singing skills through the ambush videoke.
- MYX Back2Back – features 3 artists with 2 music videos played right after the other.
- MYX Live! (currently airing previous episodes) – features a live performance format show featuring a wide range of artists.
- MYX Movie Date – features the latest weekly biz on the movies, both local and foreign. Upcoming movies, trailers, and MYXclusive specials from the actors and actresses are also featured here.
- MYX News – features the latest weekly biz on the news on what is happening in both the local and foreign entertainment scene.
- MYX Olympics (currently airing previous episodes) – features a jam-packed game show played by your favorite artists and celebrities.
- MYX Presents – features concerts, documentaries, MYXclusives, and locally produced specials.
- MYX Tugtugan (currently airing previous episodes) – features performances from OPM musicians showing guides and chords of their songs on the screen helping viewers on how they can play their songs on guitars, drums, keyboard, etc..
- MYX Versions – features music videos that were remade by past and present artists; and local and foreign artists.
- MYX Wer U At? (also shown online) – features a show for the youth that talks about the best hangout places, bars, shops, salons, restaurants, and the like.
- MYXellaneous – features at most 3 artists that showcase their music career and their MYXclusive specials.
- One Music Be Discovered – features OPM covered music from One Music PH.
- #LoveOnMYX – give in to love on MYX as your favorite MYX VJs play your requested love songs for 24 hours on February 14 of every year, starting 12 midnight.
- Kwento ng Kanta – features a story of how famous hits of your favorite artists started.
- MYX Adventures – features the adventures of MYX VJs as they travel around the Philippines and abroad.
- MYX Celebrity VJ – a guest celebrity VJ invades your favorite MYX shows monthly.
- MYX Halloween Special – a short movie presentation starring the MYX VJs in celebration of halloween. Resthouse was the first ever presentation in 2010, followed by Singsing in 2011, Kadena in 2012, and Diary in 2013. After 4 year hiatus, the halloween special returned in 2017 entitled Kwintas.
- MYX Headliner – the featured artist of the month gives a 1-minute feature about themselves.
- MYX Marathon Special – features 24-hour music special of the featured artist. Some of the marathon specials are: Michael Jackson: Salute to the King of Pop (2009), Pinoy MYX Independence Day Marathon (2010), I ♥ Kylie Minogue Marathon (2011), #myxMARIAHthon (2014), #myxMADONNAthon (2015) and MYX Backtrax: Linkin Park Marathon (2017; 7 hours only)
- MYX News Minute – features a minutely biz on the news of the entertainment scene at the top of the hour.
- MYX Premiere – local and foreign music videos are premiered on MYX for the first time in this segment.
- MYX Speaks – local and/or foreign artist interview on music career and music.
- MYX Spotlight – MYX gives the spotlight to newly discovered artists or bands. Its goal is to expand the OPM music industry by endorsing newly discovered artists or bands.
MYX on TV Plus
- MYX Mo! (2002–2015)
- MYX Music Awards (since 2006)
- MYX Slam Jam (since 2007)
- MYX VJ Search (2007–2012, 2014, 2017–2018)
- Summer MYX Fest (2007–2016)
- Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA on MYX) (since 2012)
- MYX Grand Fan Meet (2014, 2016–2017)
- MYXPH.COM Vlogger Search (2015)
- MYX Moves: The Street Dance Competition (2016-2017)
- MYX Squadfest (since 2018)
- MYX Viewer and Online Promo
Previously aired on MYX
- Asia MYX
- Beat U.K.
- Billboard Music Awards (2016)
- Coca-Cola Music Studio
- Cyber MYX
- Dance MYX (renamed Club MYX)
- Dyan Banda
- First Seen On MYX
- iTunes Festival
- K12: The myxph.com K-Pop Countdown (former online show)
- Late Night MYX
- Later... with Jools Holland
- Morning MYX (renamed MYXilog)
- MYX 3 On 3
- MYX Bandarito (shown online)
- MYX Daily Top 10 (now divided into MYX Daily Top 10: International Edition and MYX Daily Top 10: Pinoy Edition)
- MYX Firsts (renamed MYX Sure-Fire Hits)
- MYX Forum
- MYX Halo-Halo
- MYX Hit Chart: F4 Edition
- MYX Homecoming
- MYX Mobile Top Picks
- MYX Remakes (renamed MYX Versions)
- MYX Sa Dos (former version of Star Music Video on ABS-CBN)
- MYX Sa Dos F4 Edition (before Meteor Garden show on ABS-CBN)
- MYX Sampler
- MYX Setlist
- MYX Studio Sessions (previous episodes uploaded online)
- MYX Suburbia (renamed Urban MYX)
- MYXed Lives
- OPM MYX (renamed Pinoy MYX)
- OPM MYX Countdown (renamed Pinoy MYX Countdown)
- Pinoy Rock MYX
- Planet Rock Profiles
- Pop My MYX
- Pop MYX: K-Pop Edition
- Radio MYX
- Red Hot MYX
- Rhum on the Rock
- Star MYX: Palmolive's KC Concepcion Top 10 Edition
- Tanduay's First Five
- Top of the Pops
In 2007, Myx TV (originally launched simply as Myx) was launched in United States. The American counterpart of Myx was originally intended to cater the Asian-American youth community in United States with music video as its primary content. It was later reformatted to become a general entertainment channel targeted to the Asian-American diaspora. Myx TV is operated independently from its Filipino counterpart with some of its programming produced in the United States by ABS-CBN International and by other third-party production companies. Myx TV is exclusively available in United States on over ten million households through a wide array of platforms such as cable, satellite, IPTV, online streaming, VOD and other over-the-top content platforms such as Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Samsung Blu-ray, Sony Bravia, Sony Blu-ray, and Opera Software.
Myx on other platforms
- Myx magazine - was a bi-monthly magazine that complements the music channel.
- Myx compilations - was a series of music compilations released by PolyEast Records.
- Myx Mo! - was a yearly concert event launched in 2002. Today, Myx Mo! is now considered as the longest continuous annual music festival in the Philippines. The last Myx Mo was on the year 2015.
- Myx Charts - a mobile app available in android and iOS devices.
- Myx 2 - was a digital sub-channel of ABS-CBN DTT. It was later discontinued before ABS-CBN TV Plus was launched in 2015.
- Social media - Myx's official social media accounts on Twitter and Facebook are among the biggest in the country, with over six million likes on Facebook and over five million followers on Twitter.