Aap Kaa Surroor (film)
|Aap Kaa Surroor|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Prashant Chadha|
|Produced by||Vijay Taneja|
|Story by||Vibha Singh|
|Music by||Himesh Reshammiya|
|Edited by||Sudhir Mehan|
|29 June 2007|
|Budget||₹50 million (US$740,000)|
|Box office||₹240 million (US$3.6 million)|
Aap Kaa Surroor – The Movie (English: Your Joy) (आप का सुरूर) is a 2007 Bollywood film directed by Prashant Chadha and starring singer Himesh Reshammiya in his movie debut as an actor, alongside Hansika Motwani and Malika Sherawat. Reshammiya has claimed the story is based on his own life and was named after his music album Aap Kaa Surroor. It was shot mostly in Germany and was released on 29 June 2007. Critics panned the film although it turned out to be the biggest surprise super hit of 2007.
The movie begins with a dead body of a TV journalist, Nadia Merchant, being found in a remote area, somewhere in Germany. Soon after, Indian singer Himesh Reshammiya (HR) is arrested after a concert for murdering the journalist. HR is put behind bars and the incidents begin to unravel as the movie goes into a flashback. While on a concert in Germany, performing with his best friend Shravan, HR meets the event organiser Khurana (Darshan Jariwala) and his partner Ruby (Mallika Sherawat). He also meets the event planner Ria (Hansika Motwani), and it's love at first sight. After initial reservations, Ria's father (Sachin Khedekar) approves of the match.
Things take a turn when HR is arrested. He asks Ruby, a lawyer, to bail him out. But hell hath no fury like a woman scorned: Ruby is in love with HR, but the rock star loves Ria. He escapes from his prison cell after taking the murdered TV journalist's father Feroz (Raj Babbar) captive. He has to find the actual murderer in one day or else his sweetheart will be married to someone else. To stop this from happening, he needs Ria's help. He approaches her; she is currently ignoring him.
HR, Shravan, and Bani (Gurbani Judge) approach Ruby (on HR's hunch that Ruby is innocent of the murders) for help. They browse through invoices and other documents in Khurana's office to find that acute losses on a previously finalised world tour deal gave Khurana the motive to frame HR. HR then proceeds to confront Khurana and, after a car chase, he catches up with him. In the final scene HR tricks him into revealing his motives, while a Hindi-speaking tourist/native translates for the police. HR is declared innocent. Khurana reveals that he wore a face mask to appear like HR and committed the murder to frame him.
HR is released from jail, Khurana is arrested, and Ria marries HR. Shravan then agrees to feature Ruby in one of HR's music video. The movie ends to HR singing the song "Mehbooba" from the classic Bollywood film, sholay, with Ruby dancing while being recorded.
- Himesh Reshammiya as Himself
- Hansika Motwani as Riya Bakshi
- Mallika Sherawat as Ruby James
- Darshan Jariwala as Khurana
- Raj Babbar as Feroz Merchant
- Shravan as Shravan Kumar
- VJ Bani as Bani, Riya's friend
- Sachin Khedekar as Riya's father
- Anant Mahadevan as TV News Reporter but in a Special Appearance
- Lovepreet Aujla Himesh's friend
- Marrissa Lawrence as Nadia F. Merchant
- Ishitha Chauhan as Trishnu
- Sanjay Sharma as Raju
- Pankaj Jha as Ghulam Sayyed Auto Rickshaw Driver
- Abhijeet Chavan as Chinman Rao Auto Rickshaw Driver
- Lallan Dubey as Lallan Dubey Auto Rickshaw Driver
- Ryan Estrada as German Police Officer
- Ron Matz
Box office and reception
According to Boxoffice India, Aap Kaa Surroor grossed ₹240 million (US$3.6 million) and was given the final verdict of a Super Hit.
|Aap Ka Surroor|
|Soundtrack album by Himesh Reshammiya|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The music was composed by Himesh Reshammiya; the lyricist was Sameer.
|Assalam Vaalekum||Himesh Reshammiya||6.00|
|Tera Mera Milna||Himesh Reshammiya, Shreya Ghoshal||5.50|
|Jhoot Nahin Bolna||Himesh Reshammiya, Shreya Ghoshal||6.10|
|Tanhaiyaan||Himesh Reshammiya, Sunidhi Chauhan||5.06|
|Ya Ali||Himesh Reshammiya, Sunidhi Chauhan||4.32|
|Tere Bina||Himesh Reshammiya , Devendra Singh||5.35|
|Kya Jeena||Himesh Reshammiya||5.14|
|Mehbooba Mehbooba||Himesh Reshammiya, Asha Bhosle||4.54|
|Tanhaiyaan (unplugged)||Himesh Reshammiya, Sunidhi Chauhan||2.10|
|Tera Tera Tera Surroor||Himesh Reshammiya||4.05|
- "Fans will love Himesh's Aap Kaa Surroor". Rediff.com. 3 May 2007. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Himesh starts shooting Aap Kaa Surroor in Germany". Bollywood Hungama. 15 February 2007. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Aap Kaa Surroor has the biggest opening of 2007". Rediff.com. 4 July 2007. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
-  Archived 27 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Taran Adarsh (21 January 2011). "'Aap Kaa Surroor 2' features Himesh already". Bollywood. Retrieved 2011-01-25.