|Born||16 October 1989|
|FIDE rating||2597 (December 2018)|
|Peak rating||2667 (October 2012)|
He achieved the norms required for the GM title at the Andorra Open 2006, New Delhi (Parswnath) 2007 and Balaguer 2007 tournaments. On 15 August 2008, he won the World Junior Chess Championship in Gaziantep, Turkey, ahead of many other strong players, including Maxim Rodshtein, David Howell and Hou Yifan. He is the third Indian to win this prestigious championship, after Viswanathan Anand and Pentala Harikrishna. In the same year, he also won the 6th Parsvnath Open in New Delhi. In 2011, he came first in the 13th Dubai Open Chess Championship and in the Indian National Premier Chess Championship. In 2013 Gupta won the Commonwealth Chess Championship and the Al Ain Chess Classic tournament. In the same year he received the Arjuna award for his achievements. Gupta took clear first in the 8th Georgy Agzamov Memorial, held in Tashkent in May 2014. He won the Commonwealth championship again in 2015 and later that year the Hoogeveen Open. In 2016, Gupta won the Reykjavik Open and his third Commonwealth championship title in Kalutara, Sri Lanka.
- "Title Applications - Grand Master (GM) - Abhijeet Gupta". FIDE. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- Crowther, Mark (21 January 2008). "TWIC 689: 6th Parsvnath International Open". London Chess Center. Archived from the original on 30 September 2011. Retrieved 28 November 2009.
- "Indian GM Abhijeet Gupta wins Dubai Open". ChessBase. 2011-04-20. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- "Abhijeet Gupta Claims India Premier Chess Championship Oct 22, 2011". Chessdom. 2011-10-22. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "Abhijeet Gupta first in Al Ain Chess Classic". Chessdom. 2013-12-28. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Abhijeet Gupta clear first in Agzamov Memorial 2014". Chessdom. 2014-05-25. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Abhijeet Gupta wins Commonwealth Chess Championship". Chessdom. 2015-06-30. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- Silver, Albert (2015-10-25). "Experience wins out at Hoogeveen". ChessBase. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "GM Abhijeet Gupta storms through Reykjavik Open 2016". Chessdom. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Gupta and Sachdev overall champions of Commonwealth Open Chess". Daily News. 2016-08-19. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Men's Chess Olympiad: Abhijeet Gupta. OlimpBase
- Abhijeet Gupta chess games at 365Chess.com
- Abhijeet Gupta player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Interview with the World junior champion Abhijeet Gupta