Acer Aspire laptops
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2022)
|Operating system||Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10|
|Connectivity||Ethernet LAN, Wi-Fi|
Acer Aspire (stylized as Λspire or ΛSPIRE) is a series of personal computers by Acer Inc. aimed at casual household users or for small business use. The Aspire series covers both desktop computers and laptops.
Many of the Aspire laptops, such as model 8920G, have built in Blu-ray drives, 5.1 audio outputs and transflective displays. Acer was the first to include these drives in laptops. Most Aspire laptops have water-resistant screens, such as the 1410 and the 5741 Z.
In 2007, Acer introduced the Gemstone series that marked a milestone in the Acer Aspire line.
As with many Windows laptops, different models may have different specification in different parts of the world, but most of the Aspire laptops, produced from 2005 to 2012, were developed with standardized modular internal design (known as Intel Common Building Block).
List of Acer Aspire series models
The Aspire series was introduced in 2017 with four main models: 1, 3, 5 and 7.
Despite similarities with the Aspire E series, in many regions, the Aspire series is sold alongside the Aspire E series.
In 2018, the Aspire 6 was launched exclusively for Malaysia. The Aspire 6 is simply an Aspire 5 with a Captain America inspired aesthetics.
The Aspire 5 was originally launched with Intel Kaby Lake processors (i5-7200u and i7-7500u) and then was updated with Kaby Lake R processors (i5-8250u and i7-8550u) and more recently updated with Whisky Lake processors (i3-8145u, i5-8265u and i7-8565u) which came along with a redesign which involved slimmer bezels but dedicated maintenance panels for RAM and storage was omitted.  More recent products such as the A715-74G and A715-75G feature a choice between the Coffee Lake 9th Gen Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, or the AMD Ryzen 3 and 5 processors.
Aspire E series
List of Acer Aspire E series models
The Acer's Aspire E series also contains the Aspire ES sub series. The Aspire E comes with either a 14" or 15.6" 16:9 display named E14 and E15 respectively. The Aspire ES comes with either an 11.6" or 14" 16:9 display named ES11 and ES14 respectively.
The Aspire E series has been updated annually with newer Intel Processors. The Aspire E series is currently offered with Intel 8th generation Intel Core i series processors but has been offered with 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th generation Intel Core i series processors.
The Aspire E15 and Aspire 5 are similar but different.
The Aspire E15 weighs 5.27 lb and its dimensions are: 15.02" x 10.20" x 1.19". It has a SD Card slot, 2x USB 3.0 Type-A ports, 1x USB 2.0 Type-A port, RJ-45 Ethernet network port, HDMI Output, 1x USB 3.1 Type-C port and 1x VGA Port.
Aspire F series
List of Acer Aspire F series models
|Also known as||Aspire F15|
|Operating system||Windows 10|
2.5 GHz; Dual-core
8 GB (standard)
Up to 32 GB (maximum)
Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce 940MX|
Up to 4 GB Dedicated graphics memory
2x USB 3.0
1x USB 2.0
1x USB 3.1 Type-C
|Power||4-cell 2800 mAh Li-ion|
|Dimensions||15.02" x 10.20" x 1.12"|
The Acer's Aspire F15 is a 15-inch laptop.
Aspire M series
List of Acer Aspire M series models
This sub-series has since been discontinued. Its unofficial successor is the Acer Swift series.
Acer Aspire One is a line of Aspire subcompact notebooks (netbooks) similar to the Asus EEE.
Aspire P series
List of Acer Aspire P series models
The Acer Aspire P3 is an 11.6-inch IPS LCD textured titanium-alloy maid ultrabook with an Intel Core i3-3229Y 1.4 GHz processor for i3 models and Intel Core i5-3329Y 1.5 GHz processor for i5 Models, 128 GB Solid State Drive, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity in 9.9 mm thin profile and a 2 or 4 GB of RAM. It also has one ventilation fan inside to cool the ultrabook when it is heavily used. This ultrabook was listed as a top-5 hybrid convertible laptop of 2013 by TechRadar.com.
Aspire R series
List of Acer Aspire R series models
Aspire R 11
|Also known as||Aspire R11|
|Operating system||Windows 8.1|
|Display||29.5 cm (11.6")|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics|
1 USB 2.0 port
1 USB 3.0 port
The Acer Aspire R 11 (model R3-131-...) is an 11-inch convertible (2-in-1) laptop with a mainstream folding design.
Aspire R 14
The Acer Aspire R 14 (model R3-471T-...) is a 14-inch convertible (2-in-1) laptop with a mainstream folding design, similar to the Lenovo Yoga 3 14 laptop. It has a display resolution of 1,366x7,68, and comes with 5th generation Broadwell Processors, a 1 TB HDD, and 8 GB of RAM.
The Acer Aspire R7 (model R7-572-...) is a 15.6-inch convertible (2-in-1) laptop with a single-hinge "Ezel" folding design. It has a display resolution of 1,920x1,080 and N-Trig DuoSense technology stylus support. It comes with 4th generation Haswell Processors, a 1 TB HDD, and 8 GB of RAM.
Aspire R 13
The Acer Aspire (model R7-371t-...) is a 13.3" convertible (2-in-1) laptop with a double-hinge "Ezel" folding design. It has two available display resolutions of 1,920x1,080 or 2,560x1,440, and Synaptics stylus support. It comes with either 4th generation Haswell, 5th generation Broadwell Processors or 6th generation Skylake processors, solid state hard drives in sizes of 128, 256, or 512 GB, and 8 GB of RAM.
Aspire R 15
|Also known as||Aspire R15|
|Operating system||Windows 10|
|CPU||Intel Core i5 or i7|
Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 520|
NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2 GB Dedicated Memory
1 USB 2.0 port
2 USB 3.0 ports
|Power||4-cell non-removable lithium-ion battery|
|Dimensions||14.59 x 10.09 x 0.79|
|Website||Acer Aspire R 15|
The Acer Aspire R 15 (model R5-571T-...) is a 15.6 inch convertible (2-in-1) laptop with a mainstream folding design.
Aspire S series
List of Acer Aspire S series models
The Acer Aspire S3 is a 13.3-inch Ultrabook with an Intel Core 1.6 GHz processor, 320 GB hard drive, a media card reader. Moreover, it has an integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000-chip and four gigabytes of RAM. Overall, the Ultrabook weighs 2.98 pounds.
The Acer Aspire S5 is a 13.3-Inch Ultrabook, which the company says is the world's thinnest Ultrabook. It is just 15mm-thick and so two millimeters thinner than the MacBook Air. It weighs 2.97 pounds and includes an Intel Ivy Bridge processor, 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, SSD storage for speed and increased shock resistance plus professionally tuned Dolby Home Theater v4.
The Acer Aspire S7 is a 13.3-inch ultrabook, a successor to the Aspire S5. It uses the same aluminum frame wrapping a pearly white plastic and Gorilla Glass encasement and is able to bend backwards 180 degrees and lie flat. It weighs roughly less than 1.3 kg and includes an Intel Ivy Bridge processor, 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, SSD storage for speed and increased shock resistance plus professionally tuned Dolby Home Theater v4.
The Acer Aspire S13 is a 13.3-inch ultrabook, a successor to the Aspire S7. The computer has an Intel Core i5 dual-core processor, 1080p display, SSD storage, USB-C port, and 8GB of ram.
Aspire Timeline series
Acer Aspire Timeline is a discontinued sub-line of the Aspire series which consisted of ultrabooks. The indirect successor to the Aspire Timeline's are the Acer Swift lineup.
Aspire V Nitro series
List of Acer Aspire V Nitro series models
Aspire V series
List of Acer Aspire V series models
The Acer Aspire V series consists of the Acer Aspire V, Acer Aspire V3, Acer Aspire V5, Acer Aspire V 13 and Acer Aspire V15.
The Acer Aspire V5 is notebook available in 14 and 15.6 inches and comes with a silver scratch resistant exterior. It is considerably slim and is offered in both 10-point multi-touch and non-touch variants. The V5 comes with a HD display with a resolution of 1366×768 pixels and a webcam on top. The left consists of a power slot, the heat-sink, a proprietary slot to plug-in the adaptor for the Gigabit Ethernet port and the VGA port, an HDMI slot, a USB 3.0 port, two USB 2.0 ports and a 3.5 mm headphone jack.It also came out sometimearound late 2012 and early 2013
Aspire VX series
Aspire VX 15
The Acer Aspire VX 15 specifications includes the use of either an Intel Core i5-7300HQ or an i7-7700HQ, 8 or 16GB DDR4 SDRAM, a 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 and either a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 4 GB Dedicated Memory or a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti with 4 GB Dedicated Memory.
Aspire VX 5
The Acer Aspire VX 5 specifications includes the use of either an Intel Core i7-7700HQ, 8GB DDR4 SDRAM, single-channel, a 15.6" 16:9, 1920 x 1080 pixel 141 PPI HD and either a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Laptop) - 4096 MB, Core: 1493 - 1620 MHz.
List of other Acer Aspire models
Other Acer Aspire branded laptops include the Aspire One Cloudbook.
Acer Aspire 4720z was a line of consumer laptops during 2006 to 2008. It featured Wireless B/G, Bluetooth, 5.1 audio output. These laptops were part of a class action lawsuit which claimed the laptops did not come with enough on-board RAM to run the pre-installed Windows Vista operating system.
Acer Aspire 5738 is a dual-booting (Android and MS-Windows) 3D laptop, which includes Dynamic Digital Depth TriDef software.
The Acer Aspire 5738PG computer also includes the Acer multi-touch technology.
- ^ "Product Support | Acer United States". www.acer.com.
- ^ "Acer Aspire Series". Laptopspedia. 2010-06-01. Archived from the original on June 8, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j "Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site". www.acer.com. Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- ^ "Acer Launches Avengers: Infinity War Special Edition Laptops in Malaysia; Retails from RM3,299 - Lowyat.NET". www.lowyat.net. 18 April 2018. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^ Mölck, Sascha. "Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G (i5-8265U, MX150, SSD, FHD) Laptop Review". Notebookcheck. Retrieved 2019-03-04.
- ^ "Best Gaming Laptop". December 2022.
- ^ "Acer Aspire E15 (2014)". TechRadar. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^ "Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-575-33BM) Review". Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^ "Acer Aspire E 15 Review | Digital Trends". Digital Trends. 2018-07-28. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^ "Acer Aspire E 15 review". TechRadar. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^ "Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-576G-5762)". PCMAG. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^ "Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-576G-5762)". Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^ "Acer Aspire M5 review: A big display, terrific battery life, and a moderate price tag". PCWorld. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^ Null, Christopher. "Review: Acer Aspire M Touch". WIRED. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^ "Acer Aspire M5-583P-6428". Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^ "Acer Aspire M5-583P-6637". PCMag Asia. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^ Aspire R3-471T-77HT Convertible Notebook. Archived 2015-09-30 at the Wayback Machine, Retrieved on 2015-07-31
- ^ Acer Aspire R7-572-6423., Retrieved on 2015-07-29
- ^ Acer Aspire R7 review: An experimental laptop that both hits and misses., Retrieved on 2015-07-29
- ^ Acer Aspire R13 Review., Retrieved on 2015-07-29
- ^ ACER ASPIRE R13 REVIEW., Retrieved on 2015-07-29
- ^ Aspire S3 Ultrabook Archived May 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, Acer Inc.. Retrieved on 2012-03-17.
- ^ Günstiges Ultrabook für Einsteiger: Acer Aspire S3 im Test (german). Retrieved on 2012-03-17.
- ^ Acer Unveils World's Thinnest Ultrabook: Aspire S5 Archived 2012-04-19 at the Wayback Machine, Acer Inc. Retrieved on 2012-02-17.
- ^ Acer presents: Ultra-thin notebook and Aspire S5 Full-HD Quad Core Tablet Iconia A700 (german), t3n. Retrieved on 2012-03-17.
- ^ "Acer Aspire S7-392-6411 review". Cnet.
- ^ Smith, Matt (15 June 2016). "Acer Aspire S 13 (2016) review". Digital Trends. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- ^ "Acer Aspire V5 specs review - Ultrabooked". www.ultrabooked.com. Archived from the original on 2017-04-28. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^ "Laptops | View All Our Laptops | Acer Solutions". www.acer.com. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- ^ "Acer Aspire Laptops List | View All Our Laptops | Acer Solutions". www.acer-us.com. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- ^ Burger, Julie. "Laptops". bluedigit.nl (in Dutch). Archived from the original on 2017-05-17. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- ^ "Acer 3D laptop review: first look".
- ^ Melanson, Donald. "Acer's 3D-equipped Aspire 5738DG laptop gets official, examined". Engadget.
- ^ Sherwood, James (28 October 2009). "Hands on with Acer's 3D laptop". The Register.
- ^ "Acer Official Site: Technology - Acer Touch". Archived from the original on January 11, 2010.
- ^ "Acer launches new touch-screen monitor, notebooks".