|Born||Alexis Mateo Pacheco|
|Occupation||Drag Queen, reality television personality|
Mateo began his drag career in Puerto Rico's gay nightclub circuit before relocating in 2001 to Orlando, Florida, where he worked as a dancer and performer at Disney World. In addition to his drag career, he is a winning fashion designer and has won the 2001 Inter Fashion Award for Best Fashion Designer.
While residing in Central Florida, he won many gay pageants including Miss Florida US of A, Miss Florida Latina, Miss Orlando, Miss Central Florida, Miss Lakeland, Miss Waterside, Miss Suncoast, Miss Suncoast America, Miss ASAP, Miss Lakeland America, Miss Orlando Latina, Miss Florida International and Sunshine State All American Goddess.
Mateo has been active in AIDS awareness and activism. After being featured in a Gilead Sciences ad titled "Red Ribbon Runway" with fellow Drag Race co-stars Manila Luzon, Delta Work, Shangela Laquifa Wadley and Carmen Carrera, the dress he was featured wearing was auctioned off by Logo in commemoration of World AIDS Day. Proceeds from the auction were donated to the National Association of People with AIDS. In 2012, along with other RuPaul's Drag Race contestants, Mateo appeared in the music video "Queen" by band Xelle (which featured former drag race contestant Mimi Imfurst as a member).
Mateo joined as a cast member on the third season of Logo's reality series, RuPaul's Drag Race, which premiered on the network on January 29, 2011. Mateo won three of the main challenges (Episodes 2, 3, and 9) before making it to the top three, where he was eliminated in the season finale which aired on April 25, 2011.
Mateo served as a guest professor on the third episode of the third season of Drag Race spin-off series RuPaul's Drag U. On August 6, 2012, it was announced that Mateo was one of twelve past Drag Race contestants selected to join the cast of RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars that premiered on the Logo network on October 22, 2012. Teamed with contestant Yara Sofia to form Team Yarlexis, the duo was eliminated in the fourth episode of the series which aired on November 12, 2012.
Mateo has competed in many pageants and holds many titles. Including:
- Miss Lakeland 2004, winner
- Miss Gay Florisa USofA 2006, winner
- Miss Gay Florida America 2007, 1st alternate
- Miss Gay Florida America 2008, 1st alternate
- Miss Orlando Latina 2009
- Miss Gay Florida International 2010, winner
- Miss Parliament House 2012, 1st alternate
- Miss Heart of Florida 2013, 1st alternate
- Miss Gay Georgia USofA 2013, 1st alternate
- Miss Tampa Bay International 2013, winner
- Sunshine State All American Goddess 2014, winner
- Miss Gay Southern States USofA 2014, winner
- Miss North Florida FI 2015, winner
- Miss Florida FI 2015, 1st alternate
- Miss Gay USofA 2015, 3rd alternate
- Miss Tampa Pride 2016, winner
- Miss Gay Days 2016, winner
- Kentucky All American Goddess 2016, winner
- All American Goddess 2016, winner
- National Showgirl 2017, winner
Mateo is also a former Miss Florida Latina, Miss Orlando, Miss Central Florida, Miss Waterside, Miss Suncoast, Miss Suncoast America, Miss Lakeland America and Miss ASAP.
Mateo resides in Saint Petersburg, Florida, where he performs at gay venues and events both locally and throughout the United States. In April 2011, Mateo along with fellow contestant Yara Sofia launched a boycott of a Tampa beauty supply shop after the two claimed they had been told to leave the store because of their sexual orientation. His drag daughter is season 10 Drag Race contestant Vanessa Vanjie Mateo. On March 1, 2018, his Instagram account was hacked and deleted, forcing him to make a new one.
- Hernandez, Ellie D.; Rodriguez y Gibson, Eliza, eds. (2014). The Un/Making of Latina/o Citizenship: Culture, Politics, and Aesthetics. Palgrave Macmillan.
- La draga Alexis Mateo tilda de ignorantes a los homofóbicos from Primera Hora, December 29, 2010.
- "North Pinella Pride: Alexis Mateo", northpinellaspride.org, October 2011; accessed July 22, 2015.
- Profile Archived February 23, 2012, at the Wayback Machine., AlexisMateo.com; accessed July 22, 2015.
- "St. Petersburg queen Alexis Mateo talks about her Drag Race experience" Archived February 9, 2013, at Archive.is, watermarkonline.com, January 19, 2011.
- Red Ribbon Runway. July 26, 2011.
- Spargo, Chris (December 1, 2011). "NOW: Red Ribbon Runway Auction". NewNowNext. Logo. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- Spargo, Chris (October 25, 2012). "XELLE's 'Queen' Music Video Features Every 'Drag Race' Queen: Watch October 25, 2012 ● by Chris Spargo". New Now Next. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- "RuPaul's Drag Race: Alexis Mateo", HuffingtonPost.com; May 6, 2011.
- "‘RuPaul's Drag U’ Preview: Alexis Mateo & Sex With Food", newnownext.com; July 2, 2012
- RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars cast includes Jujubee, Latrice Royale, Manila Luzon from chicago.gopride.com; August 6, 2012Archived July 18, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Alexis Mateo". Our Community Roots. 2018-07-15. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- "This just in: RDR contestants thrown out of Discount Beauty Supply Store for being gay!" Archived December 18, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., worldofwonder.net, April 20, 2011.
- "RuPaul's Drag Race season 10: Everything you need to know... henny". Gay Times. 2018-02-27. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Alexis Mateo Just Lost 90k Instagram Followers After a Devastating HACK". The WOW Report. 2018-03-02. Retrieved 2018-03-04.