Amber Evangeline Valletta
February 9, 1974
Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Hervé Le Bihan (1994–1996) |
Chip McCaw (2003–2015)
|Relatives||Rob Valletta (brother)|
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
Amber Evangeline Valletta (born February 9, 1974) is an American model and actress. She began her career as a fashion model, landing her first of sixteen American Vogue covers at the age of eighteen. During the 1990s, Valletta reached the status of supermodel, working as the face of Giorgio Armani, Chanel, Escada, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Valentino, Gucci and Versace, and signing multimillion-dollar cosmetics contracts with Calvin Klein and Elizabeth Arden. From 1995 to 1996, Valletta and her friend and fellow model Shalom Harlow hosted the MTV show House of Style.
In the 2000s, Valletta began to focus on her career as an actress. She had her first major film role as a poltergeist in Robert Zemeckis's supernatural thriller What Lies Beneath (2000). She has since appeared in films such as Hitch (2005), Transporter 2 (2005), Man About Town (2006), Dead Silence (2007), Gamer (2009), and The Spy Next Door (2010). In 2011, she moved to television, appearing in a recurring role as the fallen socialite Lydia Davis on ABC's drama television series Revenge. In 2015, Valletta starred as the scheming Carla Briggs in another ABC soap opera, Blood & Oil.
Amber Evangeline Valletta was born in Phoenix, Arizona and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Her mother, Theresa Malaby, worked at the post office. Her father is of Italian and Portuguese descent, and her mother identifies as having part Cherokee ancestry. She attended Booker T. Washington High School.
Valletta got her start in the fashion industry when her mother enrolled her in modeling school at the age of 15 at the Linda Layman Agency. Valletta, along with the likes of Kate Moss, Eva Herzigová, Tyra Banks, Carolyn Murphy and Shalom Harlow, was one of the most recognizable faces of the generation immediately subsequent to the original supermodels. During the 1990s she appeared 13 times on the cover of American Vogue, second only to Claudia Schiffer's sixteen. Valletta was presented on the November 1999 Millennium cover of American Vogue as one of the "Modern Muses".
She has appeared on the cover of several international fashion magazines, such as Germany's Cosmopolitan and Glamour; Spain's Elle, Telva and Harper's Bazaar; UK's Esquire and Love and US' V, Porter, Interview, Ocean Drive, Shape, Allure, Marie Claire and i-D. Valletta has walked in fashion shows for Versace, Lanvin, Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga, Gucci, Valentino, Prada, Michael Kors, Alberta Ferretti, Claude Montana, Dolce & Gabbana, Pierre Balmain, Sonia Rykiel, Versus, Yohji Yamamoto, Anna Molinari, Calvin Klein, Christian Dior and Tom Ford. She was the face of NARS Cosmetics' Spring 2010 Collection.
Valletta continues to work as a fashion model, closing the Versace Autumn/Winter 2017 fashion show. She was also model for Marks and Spencer. In 2018, Valletta appeared in advertisements for Mango, Blumarine, Escada, Chanel Watches, Prada and David Yurman. In 2019, she appeared on the cover of Vogue Korea and U.S. Elle, advertising campaigns for Stella McCartney and Holt Renfrew, and editorials for Italian, American and Arabian Vogue.
Valletta's first role was in the comedy film Drop Back Ten (2000). Later that year, she played a supporting role in the thriller film What Lies Beneath, starring Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer and directed by Robert Zemeckis. She appeared alongside Nicolas Cage in The Family Man. In 2003, she played Celine in Danny DeVito's Duplex, starring Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore, and in 2004, she played Martina in Raising Helen, opposite Kate Hudson, Hayden Panettiere, Abigail Breslin, and Helen Mirren.
Valletta's first major film role was as Allegra Cole in Andy Tennant's romantic comedy Hitch. The film was released on February 11, 2005 and was a box office and critical success. She also had a role in Transporter 2, playing the mother of the kidnapped child. She played the female lead in the 2006 independent film The Last Time, co-starring alongside Michael Keaton and Brendan Fraser. In 2007, she had supporting roles in the horror film Dead Silence, as Ella Ashen, and as Claire in Premonition, starring Sandra Bullock. Also in 2007, Valletta played the leading role in the independent coming-of-age film, My Sexiest Year.
In 2009, Valletta starred alongside Gerard Butler in the science fiction action film Gamer. The film was released in North America on September 4, 2009 with negative reviews from critics. In 2010, she starred in The Spy Next Door, alongside Jackie Chan, George Lopez, and Billy Ray Cyrus; she played Chan's character's love interest, Gillian. In 2011, she appeared in the ensemble comedy film, Girl Walks into a Bar.
In 2011, Valletta was cast in the recurring role as the socialite Lydia Davis on the ABC television prime time soap opera, Revenge. In 2014, she was regular cast member in the TNT crime drama series, Legends, playing Sean Bean's character's ex-wife. In 2015, Valletta starred in the short-lived ABC prime time soap opera, Blood & Oil. She plays the role of Carla Briggs, the glamorous business partner and new wife of oil tycoon Hap Briggs (Don Johnson).
In 2016, Valletta starred in Keith Urban's music video for the song "Blue Ain't Your Color". The music video was directed by motion picture director Carter Smith and premiered in September 2016.[circular reference] She also starred in Fergie's music video for the song "M.I.L.F. $".
Valletta also serves as the spokesperson for Oceana's Seafood Contamination Campaign, where she brings awareness of the dangers of mercury poisoning in various kinds of seafood. The decision to join Oceana's campaign was prompted by the mercury-poisoning experience of a friend and the fact that she is a mother of one.
Valletta married Hervé Le Bihan in 1994, divorcing in 1996. In 2000, Valletta had a son, Auden, with Olympic volleyball player Chip McCaw. She married McCaw, in September 2003, and they divorced in early 2015.
|2000||Drop Back Ten||Mindy Deal|
|2000||What Lies Beneath||Madison Elizabeth Frank|
|2000||The Family Man||Paula|
|2001||Hysteria – The Def Leppard Story||Lorelei Shellist||Television film|
|2001||Max Keeble's Big Move||Ms. Dingman|
|2005||Transporter 2||Audrey Billings|
|2006||Man About Town||Brynn Lilly|
|2006||The Last Time||Belisa|
|2007||My Sexiest Year||Marina|
|2008||Days of Wrath||Jane Summers|
|2010||The Spy Next Door||Gillian|
|2011||Girl Walks into a Bar||Camilla|
|2017||Walking||Herself / Model||Documentary film|
|2017||Kevyn Aucoin Beauty & the Beast in Me||Herself|
|2017||A Film for Planned Parenthood of New York City||Herself|
|2017||Double Dutchess: Seeing Double||Herself||Segment "M.I.L.F. $"|
|1995–96||House of Style||Herself||Host|
|2003||Lucky||Sarah||Episode: "Something for Everyone"|
|2005||Punk'd||Herself||Episode: "Episode #6.4"|
|2009||State of the Union||Herself||Episode: "Episode #2.2"|
|2011–14||Revenge||Lydia Davis||Recurring role, 14 episodes|
|2014||Legends||Sonya Odum||Series regular, 10 episodes|
|2015||Hot in Cleveland||Ashley||Episode: "Scandalous"|
|2015||Blood & Oil||Carla Briggs||Series regular, 10 episodes|
|2018||Movie Night With Karlie Kloss||Herself||Episode: "Hitch"|
|2019||RuPaul's Drag Race||Herself / Guest Judge||Episode: "From Farm to Runway"|
|2008||Will.i.am||"Yes We Can"|
|2016||Keith Urban||"Blue Ain't Your Color"|
- "Amber Valletta - Model". MODELS.com.
- "Amber Valletta". IMDb. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "Amber Valletta". Retrieved May 16, 2015.
- "Amber's catwalk glow turns to screen stardom". February 21, 2005. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- "Amber Valletta Biography (1974-)". Retrieved May 16, 2015.
- BRYANT, JULIE. "Models with a cause". Tulsa World.
- ""A bit of Cherokee from her mother, some Italian and Portuguese from her father" - Google Search". www.google.ca.
- "Amber Valletta on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved May 16, 2015.
- "Amber Valletta: The Original Waif - #TBT With Tim Blanks - Style.com". Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Lee, Helen (April 11, 2007). "Vogue's 'World's Next Top Models' cover". SassyBella.com. Retrieved April 18, 2011.
- "Amber Valletta Magazine Cover Photos - List of magazine covers featuring Amber Valletta - FamousFix". FamousFix.com. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- FashionModelDirectory.com, The FMD-. "Amber Valletta - Fashion Model | Models | Photos, Editorials & Latest News | The FMD". The FMD - FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "Atelier Versace Spring 2015". style.com. Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- "Amber Valletta: Marks & Spencer's latest top model". Telegraph. October 2, 2012. Retrieved June 18, 2013.
- "ESCADA SPORT Fall / Winter 2018 with Amber Valletta". August 11, 2018.
- "ESCADA New York Fashion Week Debut". December 25, 2018.
- "Vogue-Amber is the new face of Escada". January 9, 2018.
- "Gamer". September 4, 2009. Retrieved May 16, 2015.
- "Shauna Sand Gets Estranged Hubby Arrested". Gossip Girls. November 26, 2008. Retrieved April 17, 2009.
- Lesley Goldberg. "Amber Valletta to Guest Star in ABC Drama Pilot 'Revenge'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 16, 2015.
- Nellie Andreeva (December 14, 2012). "Amber Valletta Cast In TNT Pilot 'Legends' - Deadline". Deadline. Retrieved May 16, 2015.
- Nellie Andreeva (March 12, 2015). "Amber Valletta Joins ABC Drama Pilot 'Boom'; Duo Added To Comedy 'Dr. Ken' - Deadline". Deadline. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- "Legends star Amber Valletta joins ABC drama pilot Boom". Digital Spy. March 13, 2015. Retrieved May 16, 2015.
- Blue Ain't Your Color
- "Supermodels Star in new Fergie Music Video". Harper's BAZAAR. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "Model "MILFs"! Fergie's New Video Brings Out Fashion's Bad Mama Jamas". Vogue. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- Celebrity Supporters: Amber Valletta, Actress, Activist, Oceana
- Lopez, Molly (February 16, 2005). "Amber Valletta". People. Retrieved June 12, 2012.
- Bullock, Maggie (October 28, 2009). "Fashion Spotlight: Amber Valletta". Elle. Retrieved June 12, 2012.
- Suebsaeng, Asawin. "15 Wild Celebrity Campaign Donations From the 2012 Election". Mother Jones. Retrieved November 1, 2012.
- Friedlander, Ruthie (July 10, 2014). "Amber Valletta Bravely Opens Up About Her Struggle With Addiction". Elle. Retrieved August 17, 2014.
- Revitalize (July 11, 2014). "How I Live With Addiction Every Day: Amber Valletta". MindBodyGreen. Retrieved August 17, 2014.
- Amber Valletta at IMDb
- Amber Valletta at Fashion Model Directory
- Amber Valletta at MTV
- Amber Valletta's work on the Oceana Seafood Contamination Campaign
| Host of House of Style
1995–96 (co-host with Shalom Harlow)