This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Type||Legislative Assembly|
|• MLA||B. Shivanna|
|Elevation||915 m (3,002 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||KA 51|
Anekal is a major town and taluk of Bangalore Urban district. Approximately 36 km from Bangalore Centre and around 15 km from Hosur and Electronics City. Express lines run from Silk Board to Anekal passing through the National Highway and SH broadway thus providing excellent connectivity. It lies in the southern part of the Bangalore metropolitan area. Anekal is known for the karaga and Dasara festivals. It is a growing hub for residence seekers in Bangalore and is perfectly positioned with great infrastructure and facilities. Multiple Industrial areas like Attibele, Sarjapur and Jigani lie in Anekal Taluk and contribute to major economic turnovers.
Major MNCs and IT-BT companies like Infosys, Biocon, Wipro, HCL, TCS, Accenture and so on are all part of Anekal Taluk.
Kannada is the most widely spoken language in Anekal. Other languages include Telugu, Tamil, Hindi and Marwari. The population has more nearly doubled since 2011 with growing business opportunities. Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) operates 4 Depots in Anekal Taluk and Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) operates one Bus Depot providing excellent connectivity.
Anekal, town situated about 35 km from Bangalore, is a municipal town.The town was founded in about 1603 by Chikka Thimme Gowda of the Sugatur family, the General of Bijapur, after annexing Thimme Gowda’s hereditary possessions of Hoskote, granted him Anekal. He thereupon erected the fort and temple and constructed a large tank. At the time of his grandson Dodda ThimmeGowda, Anekal was annexed by Mysore. The Chief continued, by paying tribute to Mysore. Finally Haidar Ali expelled the rulers, and Anekal became part of Mysore. .Diwan of mysore sir mirza Ismail is architect of the town, we can see even till know a main road is named after him as mirza Road that connects Anekal-jigni road and anekal-chandapura road. A small tippu sultan army stationed in this town, the area is named as Bahadurpura, now the area is converted to slum. Once it also took name as "ragi kanaja" of bangalore. Because more no of ragi growing farmers are present
Anekal is located at  It has an average elevation of 915 metres (3001 feet)..
As of 2011[update] India census, Anekal had a population of 44,260. Males constitute 52 percent of the population and females 48 percent. Anekal has an average literacy rate of 67 percent, higher than the national average of 59.5 percent, with 56 percent of the males and 44 percent of females literate. 12 percent of the population is under 6 years of age. Anekal in Kannada translates to 'Elephant rock'.
- M.TRESS PRIMARY AND HIGH SCHOOL, marsur gate anekal-chandapura mainroad, Anekal.
- Prarthan Computech "Computer Training Center" Anekal
- ASB Government High School, Anekal
- Royal English High School, Indalvadi Cross, Anekal Taluk
- Sri Sairam College of Engineering
- Shirdi Sai Pre-University College
- T.M.C Computer Education(R), Anekal
- Shirdi Sai Nautical Science Academy
- Urdu Higher Primary School Anekal
- Regional Theology Extension Center, Jnanajyothi
- Swamy vivekananda (pre-university college)
- Alliance University
- Lincoln Memorial English School (English-language medium school)
- St. Joseph High School
- Softech Online Computer Education, Anekal
- Sri Saraswathi Vidyaniketana, Dommasandra
- Sri Saraswathi Vidyaniketana Independent PU College, Dommasandra
- Anekal Public School, Anekal
- Vishwa Chethana PU College
- Vishwa Chethana Degree College
- New Baldwin SCHOOL ( JET education )
- Vidhatha High School
- Padmashree Computers (Aadhaar and Ratio Card)
- Kaushlya Training Center(Skill Development Center)
- Bharathi High School( This is the School first girls College established in anekal)
- DMM High School
- Government Pre University College Dommasandra college code AS545 near Muthanalluru Cross Janatha Colony Ground Bangalore 562125
- SIR M V COMPUTER LITERACY, DOMMASANDRA *
Anekal is one of the growing towns around Bangalore urban district, situated close to major economic sites like Electronic City, Jigani and Hosur. Muthyala Maduvu also known as Pearl Valley is a major tourist spot just a few km from the town and attracts tourists from all over the state. Anekal is also known for its Silk industry and is home to a number of skilled weavers.
- Sri someshwara temple located at hinnakki village which has a shivalinga of 12th century and anekal taluk first granite roof
- Sri Thimmarayaswamy temple located at Anekal is well known for fair and Karaga Utsava.
- Kambada Ganesha temple located in the town center, is well known for its monolithic statue of Lord Ganesha on a long pillar.
- Sri Amrutha Mallikarjuneshwara and Sri Bhramarambika temple are one of the many historical temples located in the town.
- Sri Avimukteshwara Deva (ಶ್ರೀ ಅವಿಮುಕ್ತೇಶ್ವರ ದೇವ) at Neriga village (ನೆರಿಗೆ)
- Shri Bhooneela Sameta Channakeshavaswamy Devasthana, Haragadde, Karnataka 560105 - Temple of Lord Chennakeshava in Anekal believed to have been established by Arjuna
- Sri Madduramma Temple in Huskur
- Sri Bandi Mahakaliamma Temple in Marsur Madiwala
- Lord Srirama Temple (Sri BhooNeela Sametha Cheluva Champaka Varadaraja Swamy) in Narayanaghatta Village
- There are 4 mosques namely Masjid-e-Bilal, Masjid-e-Jamiya, Masjid-e-Umar-Bin-Khattab and Masjid-e-Ameen for muslim community and 1 Church for Christian religious people.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Anekal
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.