- For the feminist, see Anna Sophia Polak
Anna "Ans" Dresden-Polak (née Anna Polak) (24 November 1906 – 23 July 1943) was a Jewish Dutch gymnast.
She won the gold medal as member of the Dutch gymnastics team at the 1928 Summer Olympics, in her native Amsterdam. She was one of five Jewish members of the team, which included Stella Blits-Agsteribbe (who was killed in Auschwitz), Lea Kloot-Nordheim (who was killed in Sobibor), and Judikje Themans-Simons (who was killed in Sobibor). Their coach, Gerrit Kleerekoper, was killed in Sobibor as well.
She was born in Amsterdam, and died in Sobibor extermination camp. From Westerbork concentration camp she was deported to Sobibór where she was murdered on 23 July 1943, together with her six-year-old daughter Eva. Her husband Barend Dresden was killed a few months later in 1944 in Auschwitz concentration camp.
She was inducted into the International Jewish Sports Hall of Fame.
- ^ Paul Taylor (2004). Jews and the Olympic Games: The Clash Between Sport and Politics - With a Complete Review of Jewish Olympic Medalists. Sussex Academic Press. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- ^ Bob Wechsler (2008). Day by Day in Jewish Sports History. KTAV Publishing House. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- ^ a b "." (PDF). Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- ^ a b "Dresden-Polak, Anna". Jews In Sports @ Virtual Museum. 24 November 1906. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- ^ a b c Lipman, Steve. "Connecting the World to Jewish News, Culture, and Opinion". The Jewish Week. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- ^ "NETHERLANDS 1928 OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS". Jewishsports.net. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- ^ Schaffer, Kay; Smith, Sidonie (2000). The Olympics at the Millennium: Power, Politics, and the Games. Rutgers University Press. pp. 60–62. ISBN 978-0-8135-2820-5.
- ^ Taylor, Paul (2004). Jews and the Olympic Games. Sussex Academic Press. p. 107. ISBN 978-1-903900-87-1.
- ^ a b Yiddishe Mamas: The Truth About the Jewish Mother. Andrews McMeel Publishing. 2009. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- ^ Yogi Mayer, Paul (2004). Jews and the Olympic Games. Vallentine Mitchell. p. 238. ISBN 978-0-85303-451-3.
- Brouwer, Erik (2010). "De Moord op een Gouden Turnploeg". In van Liempt, Ad; Luitzen, Jan. Sport in de Oorlog (in Dutch). L.J. Veen. pp. 29–58. ISBN 978-90-204-1936-8.
: Netherlands (NED)
, Estella Agsteribbe
, Jacomina van den Berg
, Alida van den Bos
, Petronella Burgerhof
, Elka de Levie
, Helena Nordheim
, Ans Polak
, Petronella van Randwijk
, Hendrika van Rumt
, Jud Simons
, Jacoba Stelma
, Anna van der Vegt