Anna Maria Corazza Bildt
Anna Maria Corazza Bildt
|Member of the European Parliament|
7 June 2009 – 2019
Anna Maria Corazza
10 March 1963
|Political party|| Swedish|
European People's Party
|Spouse(s)||Carl Bildt (m. 1998)|
Anna Maria Corazza Bildt (née Anna Maria Corazza; born 10 March 1963) is an Italian-Swedish entrepreneur and politician, Member of the European Parliament between 2009 and 2019. She is a member of the Swedish Moderate Party, part of the European People's Party.
In 1998, she married Carl Bildt, former Prime Minister of Sweden (1991-1994), former leader of the Swedish Moderate Party (1986-1999) and subsequent Foreign Minister (2006-2014). The two met in the Balkans where she had been working for the United Nations during the Yugoslav wars and he served as the first High Representative in Bosnia. They now have one child together. She owns and runs Italian Tradition, a company importing Parmesan cheese, as well as Borgo di Tabiano Castello, a hotel near Fidenza.
Member of the European Parliament, 2009–2019
Corazza Bildt successfully ran for MEP in the 2009 elections. She received 14.3% of Moderate personal votes. This was only surpassed by party top name Gunnar Hökmark (15.2%). She successfully ran for re-election in the 2014 elections. She received 16.37% of Moderate personal votes, putting down top name Gunnar Hökmark (12.08%)
Corazza Bildt served as vice chair of the Committee on Internal Market and Consumer Protection, and a member of the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality. In addition to her committee assignments, she co-chaired the European Parliament Intergroup on Children’s Rights<European Parliament Intergroup on Children’s Rights European Parliament.> and was a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on LGBT Rights.
In 2015, Corazza Bildt made headlines by asking parliamentary officials to check if there were any irregularities with the votes of Marine Le Pen, which prompted the European Parliament to open an investigation into whether MEPs voted on Le Pen’s behalf, which would be a violation of the body’s rules.
- Kangaroo Group, Member
- "Election results". Archived from the original on 2009-06-08. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- "Election results 2014". Archived from the original on 2014-05-28. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- Members Archived 2019-03-27 at the Wayback Machine European Parliament Intergroup on LGBTI Rights.
- Dave Keating and Cynthia Kroet (October 23, 2014), Parliamentary notebook European Voice.
- Maïa de La Baume (October 12, 2015), Strasbourg strikes back Politico Europe.
- Laurence Norman (May 30, 2015), Russia Produces Blacklist of EU People Banned From Entering Country The Wall Street Journal.
- European Union anger at Russian travel blacklist BBC News, May 31, 2015.
- Quentin Ariès and Maïa de La Baume (October 28, 2015), Le Pen’s voting habits under scrutiny Politico Europe.
- Sito web del Quirinale: dettaglio decorato.