The Artesia Station platform
|Location||1920½ Acacia Avenue|
Compton, CA 90020
|Platforms||1 center platform|
|Parking||380 "Park and Ride" spaces|
|Bicycle facilities||8 bike rack spaces|
|Opened||July 14, 1990|
Artesia is an at grade light rail station on the Los Angeles County Metro Blue Line. It has an island platform, and is on the Blue Line right-of-way near Artesia Boulevard in the city of Compton, California. Artesia is a park and ride station with 380 parking spaces. The station is near the southern border of Compton, California near the unincorporated community of Rancho Dominguez. It is on Artesia Boulevard near the intersection of Alameda Street. It is also close to the Artesia Freeway(SR 91).
The Artesia station is the closest Blue Line station to California State University, Dominguez Hills.
|Platform||Southbound||← Blue Line toward Downtown Long Beach (Del Amo)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Northbound||→ Blue Line toward 7th Street/Metro Center (Compton) →|
Metro Rail service
Blue Line service hours are approximately from 5:00 AM until 12:45 AM daily.
- Metro Local: 60, 130, 205, 260
- Metro Rapid: 762
- Compton Renaissance Transit: 5
- Long Beach Transit: 51, 52, 61
- Torrance Transit: 6
Neighborhood and destinations
- Compton College
- Radisson Crystal Park Hotel and Casino
- Major League Baseball Urban Youth Academy
- Dominguez Rancho Adobe California State Historic Landmark # 152 
- "Blue Line station information". Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-07-08.
- Tobar, Hector (June 7, 2012). "Transit that serves all requires some to sacrifice". Los Angeles Times.
- "Blue Line timetable" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-05-10.
|This article relating to the Los Angeles Metro Rail is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|