Ata ibn Abi Rabah
|Ata ibn Abi Rabah|
|Died||114 AH or 115 AH|
|Fiquh and Hadith|
Ata ibn Abi Rabah (Arabic: عطاء بن أبي رباح) was a prominent Tabi'i, a Mufassir, Muhaddith (muslim transmitter of hadith), faqih and Mufti of Mecca. He was born in Yemen of Nubian parents and raised in Mecca as a client of the Abi Khuthaym family. He was a student of Ibn Abbas and `Abd Allah ibn `Umar and was often quoted by his 8th century student, the Islamic scholar Ibn Jurayj  He was originally from Africa.  Also he was known to be the first Imam of Mecca Al Bukthair has quoted him in his book about 109 times. 
He quoted hadith from:
His hadith were quoted by:
traditions from him are recorded by Imams Bukhari, Muslim, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nasa'i, Abu Dawood, Ibn Maja, and Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal. 'Ataa narrates over 100 traditions in each of Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.
- In Tadheeb al Itidal, Asqalani states clearly that Ati' was born, two years before Uthman's reign come to an end.
- Willis, John Ralph (2014-06-03). Slaves and Slavery in Africa: Volume One: Islam and the Ideology of Enslavement. Routledge. ISBN 9781317792147.
- "Welcome to Muslim Scholars Database from Arees". muslimscholars.info. Retrieved 2015-12-22.
- "Qaala Rasul Allah (saw) - Comprehensive Hadith Database - قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم". qaalarasulallah.com. Retrieved 2015-12-22.
- al-Awtar Volume 6 page 53 chapter Nikah Mut'ah
- Al-Muhalla In the 9th section of the chapter of Marriage Ibn Hazm gives a detailed account of Mut'ah and its regulations.
- Tafsir Dur al-Manthur Volume 2 p. 41 Ayat Mut'ah Arabic