|This article does not cite any sources. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Elevation||714 m (2,343 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||KA 18|
It is located on the bank of the Bhadra River and is a green, picturesque place, with an average rainfall of 80 inches a year and is dominated by coffee estates, arecanut, paddy fields, pepper, vanilla and other spices.
It is the location of the main Hindu Matha belonging to veerashiva pantha called Sri Rambhapuri Matha, is another celebrated pontifical seat of the district. Shrimad Jagadguru Rambhapuri Veerasimhasana Mahasamstana Peeta. This Veerashaiva matta with mythical connections to Ramba, celestial dancer, as also to the giant Rambasura, is one of the five great panchacharya mathas. The Veerabadra temple attached to the matha has sturdy metallic images of Veerabhadra and Bhadrakali. It is the holy place of Muslims because here the Sufi saint Baba Bandesha's holy tomb is situated . The main crop in this and surrounding areas is coffee. It is a major junction for routes to Chikkamagaluru, Kudremukha, Sringeri-Koppa and Shivamogga. Distance from state capital Bengaluru is 292 km.
Balehonnur Bridge constructed across the river Bhadra was the first project undertaken by MCC in 1946 - this masonry bridge was constructed across the river Bhadra by Madras Govt.
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Balehonnur (JNVB)- Seegodu
- Government Model Higher Primary Schools Balehonnur(G.M.H.P.S)
- Government High School Balehonnur
- Nirmala Convent- Balehonnur
- Balehonnur Education Society ( B.E.S )
- Holy Prophet Primary School (H.P.E.S)
- Holy Prophet High School (H.P.E.S)
- Sri Jagadguru Renukacharya junior College Balehonnur(S.J.RC.J.C)
- Sri jagadguru Renukacharya Industrial Training Institute(renukanagara)
- Sri Jagadguru Rudramuneeshwara Residential High School, R.P. Mutt, Balehonnur
- Government Higher Primary School, R.P. Mutt, Balehonnur
- Al Badriya Arabic School
- Jyothirvikas English Medium Primary & High School Kadabagere
- Poornaprajna Education Centre- SangameshwarpetSangameshwarpet
- Adichunchanagiri (B.G.S)p.u college and high school Balehonnur.
- Vishwa Hindu Parishath
- Rastriya Swayam sevaka Sanga
- KMY education society(R)
- Rotary Club of Balehonnur
- JCI Balehonnur Classic
- CLC (Coffee Land Cricket Club) (R)
- Sunni Students Federation SSF (R)
- Rising Generation Balehonnur
- Renukacharaya/Veerabhadreshwara Rathotsava (Carfestival),
- Uroos Of Bandesha (R.A)
- sri Navarathri durgadevi utsava
- sri Renukanagara Ayyappa Utsava
Government Hospital, Sudha Nursing Home, Sanjivini Clinic, Chiranjeevi Clinic,
Balehonnur is well connected by Road. There are frequent Govt. and Private buses to Chickmagaluru, Sringeri, Koppa, Udupi, and Karkala. The state highway SH-27 cuts across Balehonnur which connects to the National Highway NH-13 at Sringeri. There are buses to Bangalore on Daily basis.
The closest railway station is Chickmagaluru about 56 km from Balehonnur.
Holy Places Of Balehonnur
- Sri Rambapuri Mutt
- Sri Ganesh Temple
- Durga Temple
- Bandesha (R.A) Tomb
- Jamiya Masjid
- Al Badriya Jamiya Masjid
- Vijaya matha church.