From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Map of Aklan with Balete highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|• Mayor||Teodoro V. Calizo Jr.|
|• Total||118.93 km2 (45.92 sq mi)|
|• Density||240/km2 (630/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
- Fulgencio (formerly Morthon)
|Population census of Balete|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- Agtawagon Hill
- The Agtawagon Hill is located at the south-eastern part of Barangay Morales, about 7 kilometers away from the center of the town. During the Philippine Revolution, the hill was the last line of defense of the Filipino patriots during the Spanish-Filipino conflict. The same hill had served as camp for Filipino guerrillas during Japanese occupation during the Second World War. Foxholes had been built on the summit of the hill overlooking potential enemy movement.
- Aranas Elementary School
- Arcangel Norte Primary School
- Arcangel Sur Elementary School
- Balete Elementary School
- Bangbang Elementary School
- Benetinan Primary School
- Calizo Elementary School
- Cortes Integrated School
- Feliciano Elementary School
- Fulgencio Norte Elementary School
- Fulgencio Sur Elementary School
- Guanko Elementary School (Guanko Primary School)
- Morales Elementary School
- Oquendo Primary School
- Calizo NHS
- Fr. Julian C. Rago MHS
- Jose Borromeo Legaspi Memorial National High School
- Jose F. Meñez MNHS
- Balete Academy
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Province: Aklan". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "An Act Changing the Name of the Barrio of Morthon in the Municipality of Balete, Province of Capiz, to Barrio Fulgencio". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- The official website of Municipality Of Balete
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information