Location within Aklan province
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|Barangays||10 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Teodoro V. Calizo Jr.|
|• Total||118.93 km2 (45.92 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||240/km2 (630/sq mi)|
|• Voter (2016)||15,577|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)36|
|Income class||4th class|
Balete, officially the Municipality of Balete (Aklanon: Banwa it Balete; Hiligaynon: Banwa sang Balete; Filipino: Bayan ng Balete), is a municipality in the province of Aklan in the Western Visayas (Region VI) of the Philippines. The population was 28,920 at the 2015 census. In the 2016 electoral roll, it had 15,577 registered voters.
Balete is 21 kilometres (13 mi) from Kalibo, the provincial capital.
Balete is located at.
According to the Philippine Statistics Authority, the municipality has a land area of 118.93 square kilometres (45.92 sq mi)  constituting 6.53% of the 1,821.42-square-kilometre- (703.25 sq mi) total area of Aklan.
|Population census of Balete|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, Balete had a population of 28,920. The population density was 240 inhabitants per square kilometre (620/sq mi).
In the 2016 electoral roll, it had 15,577 registered voters.
- Agtawagon Hill - located at the south-eastern portion of Barangay Morales, about 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) away from the town center. During the Philippine Revolution, the hill was the last line of defense of the Filipino patriots during the Spanish-Filipino conflict. The same hill had served as camp for Filipino guerrillas during Japanese occupation during the Second World War. Foxholes had been built on the summit of the hill overlooking potential enemy movement.
- Aranas Elementary School
- Arcangel Norte Primary School
- Arcangel Sur Elementary School
- Balete Elementary School
- Bangbang Elementary School
- Benetinan Primary School
- Calizo Elementary School
- Cortes Integrated School
- Feliciano Elementary School
- Fulgencio Norte Elementary School
- Fulgencio Sur Elementary School
- Guanko Elementary School (Guanko Primary School)
- Morales Elementary School
- Oquendo Primary School
- Balete Academy
- Calizo National High School
- Fr. Julian C. Rago National High School
- Jose Borromeo Legaspi Memorial National High School
- Jose F. Meñez Memorial National High School
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Aklan". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "2016 National and Local Elections Statistics". Commission on Elections. 2016.
- "Municipal: Balete, Aklan". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "An Act Changing the Name of the Barrio of Morthon in the Municipality of Balete, Province of Capiz, to Barrio Fulgencio". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.[permanent dead link]
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Aklan". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.