|Municipality of Balete|
Map of Aklan with Balete highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|Barangays||10 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Dexter M. Calizo|
|• Vice Mayor||Patrick F. Lachica|
|• Congressman||Carlito S. Marquez|
|• Electorate||18,111 voters (2019)|
|• Total||118.93 km2 (45.92 sq mi)|
|• Density||240/km2 (630/sq mi)|
|• Income class||4th municipal income class|
|• Poverty incidence||23.83% (2015)|
|• Revenue (₱)||83,657,175.70 (2016)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)36|
|Climate type||tropical climate|
|Native languages||Aklan language|
Balete, officially the Municipality of Balete, (Aklanon: Banwa it Balete; Hiligaynon: Banwa sang Balete; Tagalog: Bayan ng Balete), is a 4th class municipality in the province of Aklan, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 28,920 people.
Balete is located at Kalibo, the provincial capital.. It is 21 kilometres (13 mi) from
According to the Philippine Statistics Authority, the municipality has a land area of 118.93 square kilometres (45.92 sq mi)  constituting 6.53% of the 1,821.42-square-kilometre- (703.25 sq mi) total area of Aklan.
|Population census of Balete|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, Balete had a population of 28,920. The population density was 240 inhabitants per square kilometre (620/sq mi).
- Agtawagon Hill - located at the south-eastern portion of Barangay Morales, about 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) away from the town center. During the Philippine Revolution, the hill was the last line of defense of the Filipino patriots during the Spanish-Filipino conflict. The same hill had served as camp for Filipino guerrillas during Japanese occupation during the Second World War. Foxholes had been built on the summit of the hill overlooking potential enemy movement.
Private sector schools
- Balete Academy, Barangay Polacion
Public sector schools
- Calizo National High School, Barangay Calizo
- Cortes Integrated School, Barangay Cortes
- Fr. Julian C. Rago National High School, Barangay Feliciano
- Jose Borromeo Legaspi Memorial National High School, Barangay Aranas
- Jose F. Meñez Memorial National High School, Barangay Feliciano
- Balete Community College
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Aklan". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "PSA releases the 2015 Municipal and City Level Poverty Estimates". Quezon City, Philippines. Retrieved 12 October 2019.
- "Municipal: Balete, Aklan". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "An Act Changing the Name of the Barrio of Morthon in the Municipality of Balete, Province of Capiz, to Barrio Fulgencio". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.[permanent dead link]
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Aklan". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Universities and colleges in Balete, Aklan". www.finduniversity.ph.
- List of Senior High Schools, Balete at Republic of the Philippines Department of Education