Bangladesh Madrasah Education Board
Alia Madrasah Education Board
2 Orphanage Road, Baksibazar, Dhaka,
Bangladesh Madrasah Education Board or "Alia Madrasah Education Board" started its activity independently in 1979. With the passage of time of madrasah education, in 1978 a humanities and science faculty were included in Alim level and in 1980, Fazil degree was given the standard of education of HSC level. In 1985 dakhil level was given the standard of education of SSC. and in 1987 Alim level was given the standard of education of HSC.
Humanities, science, business and technical education has been included with madrasah education. Meanwhile, a law has been passed for the education of Fazil and Kamil with those of B.A. and M.A. degree in general education.
Alia Madrasah was established in 1780 by the British government who formed the Madrasah Education Board of Bengal. Madrasah education was then started formally. Late A. K. Fazlul Huq the prime minister declared in a prize giving ceremony is Kolkata Alia Madrasah in 1939, "I want the spread of Madrasah Education should be modernized and an Arabic University should be established".
To materialize this declaration of share-E-Bangla a committee named Moula Box was formed. This committee advises on the development of madrasah education. In 1947 after the independence of Pakistan many commissions were formed for the development of madrasah education. Among them in 1949 the "West Bengal Educational System Reconstruction Committee" was formed and in 1963-64 the name of Arabic University was mentioned.
In '1971' after the independence of Bangladesh, steps were taken for the modernization of madrasah education. Bengali, mathematics, English, social science, general science were made compulsory. In 1978 the Madrasah Education Board was formed under Ordinance for the Modernization of Madrasah Education. The board has faced difficulties in recruiting teachers for science related classes. In 2017 Bangladesh government removed references to Jihad from books of Madrasah Education Board.  
- Education in Bangladesh
- Al-Haiatul Ulya Lil-Jamiatil Qawmia Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Qawmi Madrasah Education Board
- Islam in Bangladesh
- Religious education
- Charity school
- List of Islamic seminaries
- "SSC and equivalent examinations for 2018 to begin on Feb 1". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2017-12-18.
- "Alia Madrasa: an education system on its death bed". The Daily Star. 2017-10-27. Retrieved 2017-12-18.
- "Bangladesh to remove Jihad from madrasa textbooks | Dhaka Tribune". www.dhakatribune.com. Retrieved 2017-12-18.
- "Bangladesh Madrasa Education Board PSC Result 2018". BD PSC Result Portal. 2018-10-27. Retrieved 2017-12-18.
- "JSC Result 2018". BD JSC Result Portal. 2018-12-09. Retrieved 2017-12-18.