Basketball at the Southeast Asian Games
The Philippines have won 17 of the 19 men's events since the sport was played except in 1979 and 1989 when Malaysia won. The Malaysians, meanwhile, won 14 of the 18 women's events, including the most recent one in 2017.
Combined medal summary
* The 2005 men's basketball tournaments were originally scheduled to be held at the Ynares Center in Antipolo City, while the women's tournaments were to be held at the Blue Eagle Gym in Quezon City. Both Final Games were to be held at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City. Both cities are part of Metro Manila.
- Southeast Asia Basketball Association
- Basketball at the Asian Games
- FIBA Asia Championship
- Basketball at the West Asian Games
- Alinea, Eddie (August 26, 2017). "Pinoys keen to keep SEAG basketball supremacy". Retrieved August 27, 2017.
- "Malaysia Retain Women's Basketball Gold After Epic Battle". www.bernama.com. Bernama. Retrieved 27 August 2017.