Beautiful (Snoop Dogg song)
|Single by Snoop Dogg featuring Pharrell & Uncle Charlie Wilson|
|from the album Paid tha Cost to Be da Bo$$|
|Released||January 28, 2003 (U.S.)
April 1, 2003 (Europe)
|Genre||Hip hop, west coast rap|
|Snoop Dogg singles chronology|
"Beautiful" is a 2003 single by Snoop Dogg from his album Paid Tha Cost To Be Da Bo$$. The song was produced by The Neptunes and features Charlie Wilson and Pharrell Williams. The music video was filmed in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The single peaked at #6 on the U.S. Hot 100 chart, and was successful in other countries such as Australia and New Zealand, where it peaked at number four.
The first video set took place in Escadaria Selarón, Lapa district, Rio de Janeiro. The Brazil-colored yellow-green-blue stairways were fabricated by Selaron who started to upgrade the 125 metre, 215-step upwards street in 1990 and it had not been finished until the very day of the shooting. This stairway links the Rua Joaquim Silva in Lapa to the Rua Pinto Martins in Santa Teresa.
The second one is in Parque Lage in the grounds of a 1920s mansion between the Lagoa and the Botanic Gardens, at the base of the Corcovado. Snoop Dogg wears a Lance Alworth jersey number 19. The scene features Brazilian model Luciana Malavasi as Snoop Dogg's love affair. Snoop is surrounded by a group of drummers, who play a long drum interlude that is unincluded in any radio, album or explicit edit of the song.
The third scene is on the Copacabana where Snoop is surrounded by the massive crowd of his fans in one of the segments while in another he and his friends are leaning on to his car and observing the local girls passing by.
|Australian Singles Chart||4|
|Austrian Singles Chart||4|
|Danish Singles Chart||1|
|Dutch Singles Chart||1|
|French Singles Chart||39|
|German Singles Chart||27|
|Irish Singles Chart||1|
|Italian Singles Chart||1|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||4|
|Swiss Singles Chart||1|
|UK Singles Chart||2|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||6|
|U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs||3|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Rap Singles||2|
- Produced by The Neptunes.
- Recorded by Andrew Coleman.
- Mixed by Pat Viala for Pat 'em Down Music
- Written by C. Broadus, P. Williams, C. Hugo
- Published by Chad Chase Music/EMI-Blackwood Music (ASCAP)/Waters of Nazareth Publishing/EMI-Blackwood Music (BMI); My Own Chit Music/EMI Blackwood Inc. (BMI)
- Pharrell appears courtesy of Virgin Records
- Written in response to Snoop's love for his daughter
|"Producer of the Year, Non-Classical"
(for The Neptunes)
|Production and engineering||"Beautiful"||2004||Won|
|Best Rap Song songwriter
(Snoop Dogg with Chad Hugo and Pharrell Williams)
|Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
(Snoop Dogg with Pharrell Williams and Charlie Wilson)
- 2004 MVPA Video Awards
- Best Hip-Hop Video
- 2003 MTV Video Music Awards
- Best Hip-Hop Video
- 2003 Vibe Awards
- Reelest Video
- Hottest Hook
- Coolest Collaboration
- A solo remix with Charlie Wilson was a part of Snoop Dogg's Welcome 2 tha Chuuuch Mixtape Vol. 5.
- A remix with 50 Cent and Lloyd Banks can be found on G-Unit Radio Pt. 1: Smokin' Day 2.
- A freestyle used by Rick Ross to Atlanta rapper T.I.. It can be found on YouTube.
- Peak Position on Charts
- "Snoop Dogg – "Beautiful"". mvdbase.com. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "Stairway to heaven Sasha Naod meets an artist taking steps to pay tribute to his adopted hometown of Rio". The Travel Rag. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- Julia Melim. "Brazil’s has the Goods!". Soulbrazil magazine. Retrieved 2012-06-09.
- http://www.gentemodels.com.br/_agenciaweb/modelos/377/foto1.JPG[dead link]
- "Peak Positions on Charts". Acharts.us. Retrieved 2012-05-12.