Bermuda Park railway station
Southbound Class 153 service calls soon after opening in January 2016
|Local authority||Nuneaton and Bedworth|
|Managed by||West Midlands Trains|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|18 January 2016||Opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Bermuda Park from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
Bermuda Park railway station is a railway station in the Bermuda area of Nuneaton, Warwickshire, England. It serves the Bermuda Park Industrial Estate, on the Coventry to Nuneaton Line between the existing stations at Nuneaton and Bedworth. Funding for the new station was approved in December 2011, along with that for the new Coventry Arena railway station. Both stations opened on 18 January 2016.
A planning application for the station was submitted to Warwickshire County Council in June 2012. Warwickshire County Council subsequently submitted an application to Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council for the station in November 2013.
Work on building the station started on 6 October 2014. Work was announced as "nearing completion" in March 2015, with piling completed ready for the platforms to be installed. Having originally been scheduled to be completed by the summer of 2015, the completion of the project was delayed several times. The eventual opening date of Monday 18 January 2016 was announced by train operator London Midland on 15 January 2016.
One train per hour calls in each direction Mondays to Saturdays throughout the day. Sunday services do not start running until just before noon, but then run on the same frequency as on weekdays thereafter until early evening; they then drop to two-hourly until end of service.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|West Midlands Railway|
- "West Midlands Rail vision: Rail Development Strategy" (PDF).
- NUCKLE Phase 1 - Nuneaton to Coventry Rail Line upgrade Archived 28 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Coventry to Nuneaton rail upgrade given go ahead". BBC News. BBC. 14 December 2011. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "New stations are opened but matchday rail services are still off the timetable". Nuneaton News. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Bermuda Park Station planning bid submitted". Warwickshire News. Warwickshire County Council. 25 June 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "A step closer for station". Nuneaton News. Local World. 5 November 2013. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Work on Bermuda Park railway station in Nuneaton starts". BBC News. BBC. 6 October 2014. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "New Bermuda rail station nears completion". Coventry Telegraph. Trinity Mirror. 19 March 2015. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "More delays to Bermuda station opening". Nuneaton News. 28 September 2015. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "Two new rail stations will open on Monday 18 January" (Press release). London Midland. 15 January 2016. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Coventry Arena and Bermuda Park railway stations open". BBC News. 18 January 2016. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- Table 63 National Rail timetable, May 2016
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bermuda Park railway station.|
|This article on a railway station in the West Midlands region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|