Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway railway station
|Managed by||London Midland|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Key dates||Opened 19 May 2013|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway is a parkway railway station on the northern outskirts of Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England. It is on the North Warwickshire Line, next to the A46 road. It is intended to draw in longer distance passengers who wish to commute into the West Midlands conurbation, easing road congestion.
The station uses the Park and Ride facilities at Bishopton, whose car park has spaces for 725 vehicles, thus saving passengers from driving into central Stratford to get the train from the main Stratford-upon-Avon railway station. It has two platforms on the double-track line. Each platform is 502 feet (153 m) long with another 16-foot (5 m) stopping allowance to accommodate trains with up to six 80-foot (24.5 m) coaches. The platforms are linked by a DDA-compliant footbridge with ramps.
The station was projected to cost £8.8 million. In July 2011 the Department for Transport agreed to contribute £5 million from its Local Sustainable Transport Fund. In September 2011 Warwickshire County Council agreed to contribute £1.8 million. In January 2012 Warwickshire County Council announced that Mott MacDonald had been appointed to produce the GRIP 4 outline design of the parkway station by early summer 2012.
Two London Midland trains per hour serve the station: southbound to Stratford-upon-Avon, and northbound to Birmingham Snow Hill, one running via Whitlocks End and the other via Solihull. Both Birmingham trains continue to Stourbridge Junction.
- "Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway". Warwickshire County Council.
- "West Midlands Rail vision: Rail Development Strategy" (PDF). Network West Midlands.[page needed][dead link]
- "Stratford Parkway Station Executive Summary" (PDF). Warwickshire County Council. January 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 April 2012.[page needed]
- "Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway station building work starts". BBC News. 17 October 2012.
- "Stratford Parkway Station". Warwickshire County Council. Archived from the original on 1 February 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "Stratford Parkway set to open seven months early". Rail.co.[dead link]
- "£5 million grant for new Stratford Rail Station". Coventry Telegraph (Trinity Mirror). Retrieved 20 December 2011.[dead link]
- "Parkway station on track after new funding". Stratford Observer. Bullivant Media. Archived from the original on 30 May 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "Stratford Parkway agreement reached". Warwickshire County Council. 25 June 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway railway station from National Rail
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
North Warwickshire Line
Leamington – Stratford upon Avon