Bedworth railway station
|Location||Bedworth, Nuneaton and Bedworth|
|Managed by||West Midlands Railway|
|Classification||DfT category F2|
|Pre-grouping||London and North Western Railway|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish Railway|
|12 September 1850||Opened|
|18 January 1965||Closed|
|16 May 1988||Reopened|
Passenger statistics from the Office of Rail and Road
Bedworth railway station serves the town of Bedworth in Warwickshire, England. It is on the Coventry to Nuneaton Line 6.25 miles (10 km) north of Coventry railway station. The station, and all trains serving it, are operated by West Midlands Trains.
BR resumed passenger services on the line in 1987 and reopened Bedworth station in 1988. The official opening was on 10 May 1988 and normal passenger services operated from 16 May 1988. The rebuilt station was constructed on the site of the original, and was built with platforms long enough to hold a three coach train. The construction cost in 1988 was £200,000 (approximately £479,000 in 2014 prices). Half of the cost was met by Warwickshire County Council and Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council.
Until 2004 Bedworth station had direct links to Leicester and the East Midlands. However, as part of changes to the track layout at Nuneaton station, the link to the Nuneaton to Leicester Line was removed and thereafter trains on the line ran between Coventry and Nuneaton only.
On 14 December 2011, the UK Government announced an £18.8 million project to upgrade the line, that includes Bedworth platforms being lengthened and the service frequency being upgraded from hourly to half-hourly. The platform lengthening was completed in early 2015 and two new stations on the line, Bermuda Park and Coventry Arena, opened in January 2016.
Bedworth is served by hourly trains northbound to Nuneaton and southbound to Coventry, Kenilworth and Leamington Spa. On Sundays, hourly services operate from late morning onwards with southbound trains terminating at Coventry.
- Hurst, Geoffrey (1993). LNWR Branch Lines of West Leicestershire & East Warwickshire (First ed.). Milepost Publications. ISBN 0-947796-16-9.
- "Bank of England inflation calculator". Archived from the original on 22 November 2016. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Coventry to Nuneaton rail upgrade given go ahead". BBC. 14 December 2011. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "Coventry to Nuneaton rail upgrade approved". Coventry City Council. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "Train times 19 May to 14 December 2019" (PDF). West Midlands Railway. April 2019.
- Train times and station information for Bedworth railway station from National Rail
- Historical photographs of Bedworth railway station
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|West Midlands Railway|
Line open, station closed
|London and North Western Railway
Coventry to Nuneaton Line
Line open, station closed