Better Than Cash Alliance
The Better Than Cash Alliance is a global partnership of governments, companies, and international organizations that accelerates the transition from cash to digital payments in order to reduce poverty and drive inclusive growth. Based at the UN, the Alliance has over 50 members, works closely with other global organizations, and is an implementing partner for the G20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion. The Alliance is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Citi, MasterCard, Omidyar Network, USAID, and Visa Inc. The United Nations Capital Development Fund serves as the secretariat.
The Better Than Cash Alliance partners with governments, companies, and international organizations that are the key drivers behind the transition to make digital payments widely available by:
- Advocating for the transition from cash to digital payments in a way that advances financial inclusion and promotes responsible digital finance.
- Conducting Research and sharing the experiences of our members to inform strategies for making the transition.
- Catalyzing the development of inclusive digital payments ecosystems in member countries to reduce costs, increase transparency, advance financial inclusion– particularly for women– and drive inclusive growth.
- Dominican Republic (the)
- Republic of Moldova (the)
- Papua New Guinea
- Philippines (the)
- Sierra Leone
- Viet Nam
International Organization members
- Catholic Relief Services
- Chemonics International
- Clinton Development Initiative
- Concern Worldwide
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Grameen Foundation
- Inter-American Development Bank
- International Rescue Committee
- Mercy Corps
- Save the Children
- The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- Universal Postal Union
- United Nations Secretariat
- Women's World Banking
- World Food Programme
- World Savings Banks Institute
- Better Than Cash Alliance https://www.betterthancash.org/about/. Retrieved 9 February 2017. Missing or empty
- "Our Members | Better Than Cash Alliance". betterthancash.org. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- "Our Members | Better Than Cash Alliance". betterthancash.org. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- Better Than Cash Alliance - official site