Big Shit Poppin' (Do It)
|"Big Shit Poppin' (Do It)"|
|Single by T.I.|
|from the album T.I. vs. T.I.P.|
|Released||May 29, 2007|
|Format||CD single, Digital download|
|Length||4:47 (Album Version)
4:00 (Radio Edit)
|Label||Grand Hustle, Atlantic|
|Writer(s)||C.J Harris, Harold Faltermeyer|
|T.I. singles chronology|
"Big Shit Poppin' (Do It)" (edited for radio as "Big Things Poppin' (Do It)") is a song by American hip hop recording artist T.I., released on May 29, 2007 as the lead single from his fifth album T.I. vs. T.I.P. (2007). The song was produced by Mannie Fresh. The song was listed as no. 66 on Rolling Stone's "The 100 Best Songs of 2007" list.
The song leaked on April 14, 2007 on numerous P2P file-sharing sites. "Big Shit Poppin (Do It)", debuted at number thirty-nine on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart on April 26, 2007. On May 22, the single was released on the iTunes Store and the rest of the album was made available for pre-order.
The single samples a guitar riff from the song "Top Gun Anthem," the theme of the 1986 film Top Gun. "Big Things Poppin' (Do It)" is used with alternative lyrics as the theme song to an ESPN SportsCenter special known as the "Who's Now?" series, which was aired throughout the summer of 2007. The song is featured in the multiplayer online casual rhythm game DANCE! Online. The song is used in the Wayans brothers' 2009 parody film Dance Flick.
The official remix was produced by Grand Hustle in-house production duo Nard & B, and was billed as the "Grand Hustle Remix". The remix features guest appearances from Grand Hustle artists Big Kuntry King, Alfamega (former artist), Mac Boney and JR Get Money (former artist). The song was later remixed by American rappers Cassidy, Fabolous and Swizz Beatz.
The single debuted at number 30 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart on June 9, 2007 and went on to peak at number nine. On the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs it reached #7. The song reached number two on the Billboard Hot Rap Tracks. As of August 2011, the song has sold over 1,000,000 digital downloads in the US alone. The single debuted at number twenty-one in New Zealand and peaked at number eight. It was the first solo chart entry by T.I. in New Zealand. It was certified Gold by RIANZ on August 23, 2009, selling over 7,500 copies.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||75|
|Japan (Japanese Singles Chart)||5|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||8|
|US Billboard Hot 100||9|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||20|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||7|
|US Hot Rap Songs (Billboard)||2|
Promo CD single
- Clean version
- dirty, dirty
- Side A
- Amended version
- Side B
- Explicit version
- Jonathan Cohen, "Rihanna, Shop Boyz Rocket To The Top Of Hot 100", Billboard.com, May 20, 2010.
- "RIAA - Gold & Platinum". RIAA. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- "New Zealand Gold Certification". RadioScope New Zealand. Archived from the original on July 28, 2011. Retrieved 2009-08-25.
- "New Zealand Chart Facts". RIANZ. Archived from the original on July 9, 2011. Retrieved 2009-08-25.
- "T.I. – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for T.I.. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- "Big Shit Poppin" (in Japanese). The Finest. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- "Charts.org.nz – T.I. – Big Shit Poppin". Top 40 Singles. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- "T.I. – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for T.I.. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- "T.I. – Chart history" Billboard Pop Songs for T.I.. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- "T.I. – Chart history" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for T.I.. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- "T.I. – Chart history" Billboard Hot Rap Songs for T.I.. Retrieved May 24, 2013.