Coke Bottle (song)
|Single by Agnez Mo featuring Timbaland and T.I.|
|Released||April 8, 2014|
|Label||The Cherry Party, Sony Music Entertainment|
|Agnez Mo singles chronology|
"Coke Bottle" is the debut international single by Indonesian singer, Agnez Mo, featuring Timbaland and T.I. It was written by her, James "Jim Beanz" Washington, Rommel Cummings, Clifford Harris, Jr., David "Davix Grinehouse" Foreman, Jr., and Dashawn "Happie" White, while Jim Beanz and Davix Grinehouse also served as the producers of the song along with Wizz Dumb and Timbaland.
Production and release
"Coke Bottle" was written by Agnez Mo, Brandon Deener, Jocelyn Donald, James "Jim Beanz" Washington, Rommel Cummings, Clifford Harris, Jr., David "Davix Grinehouse" Foreman, Jr., and Dashawn "Happie" White, while Jim Beanz and Davix Grinehouse also served as the producers of the song along with Wizz Dumb and Timbaland.
During the time Mo performed the single, she has drawn many attentions from medias. Few critics has named her as "a new, fresh version of Aaliyah with a little taste of an 'emancipated' Ciara" and opined that she "creates a new image of an Asian entertainer". The song itself garnered positive review by music critics. It gained popular recognition due to its "ready, hot club-banger" sound. Described as "self-respect anthem" for every women and also referred as a women empowerment anthem, although some described it as "overtly sexual". Eventually, it stayed in 20 consecutive weeks on Asia Pop 40, became the most searched song in social media and also became one of the most popular song on MTV. It managed to be MTV Iggy's Song of the Summer 2014, won over Iggy Azalea's Fancy featuring Charli XCX.
Music video for "Coke Bottle" was released and premiered on 31 March 2014 on MTV and became the first video by an Asian female artist to be placed in "heavy rotation" by MTV. It has been available in her VEVO channel too. It garnered many attentions from overseas medias, as the video reached 1 million views in only one week. The music video was made in August 2013 in Miami, Los Angeles. Creative director of this music video produced by Laurieann Gibson with director Colin Tilley. The music video was funded fully by herself. The music video made her name became "the most searched". Later peaked at number one on MTV, the music video defeated Rita Ora and Miley Cyrus. In addition, the music video was also successfully penetrated some international music channels, such like Channel V, Trace Urban, RTP Internacional, Revolt TV and Channel AKA.
Agnez first performed the song at a private radio off-air show in Austin, TX on September 27, 2013. Afterwards, she performed the song at the ASEAN-Japan Music Festival that held in NHK Hall Tokyo, Japan on November 28, 2013 and also on Panasonic Gobel Awards on April 5, 2014. She also performed the song at the Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival (also known as JJF) on March 2, 2014.
- "Coke Bottle" – 4:21
- "Coke Bottle" (Music Video) – 4:24
|Singapore (Asia Pop 40)||7|
|United States||8 April 2014||Digital download||The Cherry Party, Sony Music|
|20 April 2014||Urban contemporary radio|
- Ayuda, Tiffany (June 26, 2014). "With Help From Timbaland, Indonesian Pop Icon AGNEZ MO Arrives Stateside". Mochi Magazine.
- "Agnes Monica: Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "8 Asian Entertainers Who Are Making Names for Themselves in the States". The Huffington Post. October 6, 2014.
- Rahman, Noor Ashikin Abdul (October 16, 2014). "Indonesian Star Hits the "Big Time" in US". The New Paper.
- LaCount, Amy (May 27, 2014). "A Breakout Indonesian Pop Star You've Never Heard Of is Shaterring Pop Music's Asian Bias". Mic.
- "Vote For Our 2014's Song of the Summer!". MTV Iggy. July 11, 2014.
- "Here is it! And the Winner is...". July 16, 2014.
- Walker, John (March 31, 2014). "Agnez Mo's Got 'Coke Bottle' Curves In Her New Video, And She's Not Afraid To Use 'Em". MTV Buzzworthy.
- Syaifan (November 29, 2013). "Agnes Monica Sukses Tampil Memukau di Festival Musik ASEAN Jepang" [Agnes Monica Succeed Performing Stunningly in ASEAN-Japan Music Festival]. Dreamers Radio (in Indonesian).
- Ika (December 17, 2013). "Agnes Monica Bawakan "Coke Bottle" dengan sedikit Tarian Tradisional" [Agnes Monica Performed "Coke Bottle" with a bit Traditional Dance]. Sidomi (in Indonesian).
- Ven (March 2, 2014). "Aksi 'Cool Down' Agnez Mo di Java Jazz" [Agnez Mo's 'Cool Down' Action in Java Jazz]. Gatra (in Indonesian).
- "Coke Bottle (feat. Timbaland & T.I.) [Explicit]". Amazon.com. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 28, 2014. Retrieved 2015-12-09.