Number of locations
|7438 shops (Turkey)|
497 shops (Morocco)
320 shops (Egypt)
|Turkey - Morocco - Egypt|
|Mustafa Latif Topbaş (Chairman)|
|Products||basic food items and consumer goods|
|20.072 million TL (2016)|
Number of employees
BİM Birleşik Mağazalar A.Ş. (BİM for short) is a Turkish retail company, known for offering a limited range of basic food items and consumer goods at competitive prices. Bim were the pioneers of this discount store model in Turkey.
Business and activities
Bim A.Ş. was founded in 1995 by a group of investors around Cüneid Zapsu. Zapsu sold his shares to the investment bank Merrill Lynch in 2000. Today the main shareholder is Mustafa Latif Topbaş. At the beginning Bim had only 21 stores, but it expanded thoroughly and by the end of 2015 it counted 4972 and 2019 it had 7.438 stores. Bim does not offer franchises, all stores are owned and operated by the company itself,and they are viewed as a competition to the many independent neighborhood stores. The business model is inspired by the German discounter ALDI.
- "Report" (PDF). www.bim.com.tr. 2015. Retrieved 2019-08-11.
- "Şirket çalışanlarının sayısı" (PDF).
- "Bim A.Ş. > Welcome..." english.bim.com.tr. Retrieved 2020-08-31.
- "BIM rings the changes for Turkey's shoppers". www.ft.com. 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2020-08-31.
- BİM Records Growth Of 21% For 2015European Supermarket Magazine Retrieved 2016-03-13
- "Bim A.Ş. | Frequently Asked Questions". english.bim.com.tr. Retrieved 2015-10-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-10-04. Retrieved 2014-06-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)