Bishop Watterson High School (Columbus, Ohio)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Bishop Watterson High School|
|99 East Cooke Road
Columbus, Ohio 43214
|School type||Private High School|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Oversight||Diocese of Columbus|
|Color(s)||Cardinal red and Vegas Gold|
|Athletics conference||Central Catholic League|
|Rival||St. Francis DeSales High School|
|Average SAT scores||1710|
|Average ACT scores||25.6|
Bishop Watterson High School is a parochial, college preparatory high school located in Columbus, Ohio.
Bishop Watterson High School, founded in 1954 under the auspices of the Diocese of Columbus, is a co-educational college preparatory institution serving the Central Ohio area. Bishop Watterson High School was the first co-educational diocesan high school in Franklin County. It opened its doors in the fall of 1954 in honor of Bishop John Ambrose Watterson, the second Bishop of Columbus who served until April 17, 1899.
Clubs and activities
Sports that are offered include baseball, basketball, bowling, cross country, diving, field hockey, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track and field, volleyball and wrestling. Watterson does not have their own football stadium due to lack of space. Instead Watterson rents out the football field at Columbus North International School for their home games.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- Boys' Basketball - 2013 
- Golf - 1972, 1973, 1974, 1976, 2004 
- Baseball - 1988, 1991, 1997 
- Girls' Field Hockey - 1995, 2005, 2009 
- Football – 1966, 1973, 2002, 2010 
- Kyle Reifers - professional golfer
Notes and references
- "Executive Board Pre-File Application". OhioJCL.org — June 2007. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on June 17, 2007. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- "OJCL Constitution". OhioJCL.org — July 2002. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on July 21, 2002. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
... by paying both OJCL annual chapter dues and any annual chapter membership dues required by NJCL.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2009-01-23.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Baseball". Retrieved 2009-01-23.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Football". Retrieved 2009-01-23.