"Blood of Eden" is the third single from English rock musician Peter Gabriel's 1992 album Us, featuring backing vocals by Sinéad O'Connor. It narrowly failed to break the UK top 40.
The single has two b-side tracks: A remix of "Mercy Street" (originally from Gabriel's previous studio album So, released in 1986) by William Orbit and an earlier version of the a-side. This version had originally appeared in the Wim Wenders film Until the End of the World (1991) but was not included on the official soundtrack.
The song was performed on the 1994 Secret World tour with tour backup singer Paula Cole. This was released on both the Secret World Live album, as well as on the Secret World Live concert film.
Track listing (CD single)
All songs written by Peter Gabriel.
- "Blood of Eden" (album version) – 6:33
- "Mercy Street" (William Orbit mix) – 8:00
- "Blood of Eden" (Special mix for Wim Wenders' Until the End of the World) – 6:15
- Additional musicians
- Daniel Lanois – Hi-hat, backing vocals
- Richard Blair – Additional programming
- Levon Minassian – Duoduok
- Sinéad O'Connor – Backing vocals
- Shankar – Violin
- Gus Isidore – Bridge guitars
- Richard Chappell – Bridge section mix