Shree Raja Ji Than Temple, Bode Barsain
|Province||Province No. 2|
|No. of Wards||10|
|• Mayor||Atish Singh Yadav (FSFN)|
|• Deputy Mayor||Ranju Saha (FSFN)|
|• Total||58.93 km2 (22.75 sq mi)|
|• Density||730/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:45 (Nepal Time)|
Bodebarsain (Nepali: बोदेबरसाइन) is a municipality of Saptari District, Province No. 2. It lies in the eastern Terai region of Nepal. It was officially upgraded to become a municipality in 2017, which otherwise was a Village Development Committee prior to that change.In order to meet the requirements to become a municipality, Bodebarsain merged Phulkahi, Manraja, Khadgapur, Deuri, Kachan, Sarashwar, Phulkahi, Negada and Dhanagadi VDC with itself. Bodebarsain spreads over an approximate area of 58.93 km2 (22.75 sq mi) and comprises 10 wards. According to 2011 census, the city had a population of 43,229.
In Phase 3 of the Nepalese local elections, 2017 the Federal Socialist Forum Nepal (FSFN) achieved victory both in the mayoral and deputy mayoral posts in Bodebarsain municipality of Saptari district. Atish Singh Yadav achieved 4,547 votes securing the mayoral post while Ranju Saha collected 3,721 votes to win the deputy mayoral post. The nearest rival of the mayor, Amarendra Yadav, of RJP-Nepal got 3,298 votes. Similarly, the nearest rival of deputy mayor, Renu Saha got 3,637 votes.
Shree Raja Ji Than Temple lies in Manraja of Bodebarsain. There is a tamarind tree over the temple. The temple is made up of ancient stones that are carefully hand carved with different symbols which shows the skill of Mithila region. The temple contains rectangular stones on the either side which are about 5 feet high carved with different symbols. There are many fragments of black stones carved with different symbols near the root of the tree. According to the local people the established statue known by the name of Shree Raja Ji Baba is of Shree Lakshmi Narayan.
- "National Population and Housing Census 2011 (Village Development Committee/Municipality)" (PDF). Government of Nepal. National Planning Commission. November 2012. Archived (PDF) from the original on 21 December 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- "PM formally announces 744 local units operational". My Republica. Archived from the original on 9 May 2018. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "स्थानिय तह". 220.127.116.11. Archived from the original on 31 August 2018. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- Population Ward Level 753 Local Unit (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on 27 January 2018. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "FSFN wins both mayor, deputy mayor in Bodebarsain municipality" Archived 24 September 2017 at the Wayback Machine., Kathmandu Tribune, 23 September 2017.
- "राज्यद्वारा उपेक्षित मधेशको ऐतिहासिक स्थल मानराजा गढी" Archived 24 September 2017 at the Wayback Machine., News Today, 12 April 2016.
- Dāsa, Harikānta Lāla (2003). Saptarī Jillākā pramukha sāṃskr̥tika sthalaharu: eka adhyayana : laghuanusandhānakārya (in Nepali). Nepāla Rājakīya Prajñā-Pratishṭhāna. Archived from the original on 9 May 2018. Retrieved 9 May 2018.