|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
|Traded as||FWB: BNR|
|Steven Holland (CEO), Stefan Zuschke (Chairman of the supervisory board)|
|Revenue||€9.689 billion (2012)|
Number of employees
|12,988 (FTE, end 2012)|
Brenntag AG is a German chemical distribution company which was founded in 1874 in Berlin, and which currently operates in more than 70 countries worldwide. The company is headquartered in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany. Brenntag is the global market leader in full-line chemical distribution. 
In 1874 Philipp Mühsam founds an egg wholesale business in Berlin that later becomes Brenntag. In 1912 Brenntag enters into the chemical distribution business.
From the first expansion beyond Germany in 1966, through the entry into the U.S. market in the early 1970s, to their accelerated growth worldwide throughout the past two decades, much of the growth has been enabled by selective acquisitions in key growth areas around the world.
In the 1980s, the company continued to expand in the USA through acquisitions of several distribution companies. In the following decade Brenntag expands within Europe through acquisitions and Joint Ventures. By acquiring Holland Chemical International, then the fifth largest chemical distributor worldwide, in 2000 Brenntag gained market shares in Scandinavia, Eastern Europe and USA and became market leader in Latin America. In the following ten years the company acquired companies worldwide and therewith expanded its network and market shares. At the same time new chemical distribution centers were built at strategic locations.
The most recent milestone acquisition was the purchase in late 2008 of the distribution business of Rhodia, giving Brenntag the first distribution presence in the Asia Pacific region. In 2010 and 2011 Brenntag further expanded its market presence in the region significantly by acquiring EAC Industrial Ingredients Ltd. A/S and Zhong Yung (International) Chemical Ltd.
Since 29 March 2010, Brenntag AG (WKN A1DAHH) is listed at the German Stock Exchange in the Prime Standard Segment, since 21 June 2010 as a member of the MDAX index. 
Body of the company
Management Board 
- Steven Holland, Chief Executive Officer
- Georg Müller, Chief Financial Officer
- Karsten Beckmann, CEO Brenntag EMEA, Member of the Board
- Markus Klähn, CEO Brenntag North America, Member of the Board
- Henri Nejade, CEO Brenntag Asia Pacific, Member of the Board
Supervisory Board 
- Stefan Zuschke (Chairman since 3 March 2010)
- Thomas Ludwig (Deputy Chairman since 28 March 2010)
- Doreen Nowotne (since 3 March 2010)
- Edgar Fluri (since 28 March 2010)
- Andreas Rittstieg (since 28 March 2010)
- Steve Clark (since 22 June 2011)
Current shareholder structure (end Dec 2012): 
- Free float: 100.0%
- "Annual Report 2012" (PDF). Brenntag. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "About Brenntag". Brenntag AG. March 21, 2013. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Management". Brenntag. 2015-06-30. Retrieved 2015-08-02.
- "Supervisory Board". Brenntag. Retrieved 2015-08-02.
- "Home". Annualreport2012.brenntag.com. Retrieved 2015-08-02.