This biographical article is written like a résumé. (January 2012)
Bruce Daniels, October 2009
|Occupation||Hydro-Climatologist, Water District President, Computer Executive and Programmer|
Dr. Bruce Daniels is an American hydroclimatologist, business executive and computer programmer. He is known in Silicon Valley as one of the pioneers of the personal computer and user-friendly interfaces.
Daniels earned his Ph.D. from the University of California at Santa Cruz after receiving an Sc.B. and S.M. in computer science from MIT. He specializes in water-related impacts of climate change, especially in the American West. His contributions to decisions concerning California water quality date to 2003, when he was appointed to the state's Regional Water Quality Control Board. In 2011, he was honored as an ARCS Scholar in Northern California.  In 2016, he serves as the elected President of the Board of Directors of the Soquel Creek Water District in Santa Cruz County, California.
Daniels has also been a computer programmer and business executive who has worked for Hewlett Packard, Apple Computer, Oracle, Borland, Sun Microsystems and his own start-up, Singular Software, which created relational database management software for the Apple Macintosh. He was a lead programmer for the Macintosh, and a software manager for the Apple Lisa. When he was still a student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, he was one of the creators of an early personal computer game, Zork.
- "record of the California State Senate" (PDF).
- Soquelcreekwater.org Archived October 9, 2011, at the Wayback Machine Also in 2010, Bruce Daniels advanced to Ph.D. Candidacy in Hydro-Climatology at UCSC.  Archived 2010-03-02 at the Wayback Machine
- Save Our Shores bio Archived September 5, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- "An Interview with Wayne Rosing, Bruce Daniels, and Larry Tesler: A behind the scenes look at the development of Apple's Lisa," Archived 2011-09-21 at the Wayback Machine Byte, February 1983, p.90+
- "Facepunch article and photo of Bruce Daniels with the Lisa team".
- History of Infocom