Brunswick Hills Township, Medina County, Ohio
|Brunswick Hills Township, Medina County, Ohio|
Location of Brunswick Hills Township in Medina County
|• Total||12.5 sq mi (32.3 km2)|
|• Land||12.5 sq mi (32.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,063 ft (324 m)|
|• Density||438.9/sq mi (169.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086590|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships and cities:
- Strongsville - north
- North Royalton - northeast corner
- Hinckley Township - east
- Granger Township - southeast corner
- Medina Township - south
- York Township - southwest corner
- Liverpool Township - west
- Columbia Township, Lorain County - northwest corner
The city of Brunswick occupies the center and northeast of the township.
Name and history
Brunswick Hills Township was originally called Brunswick Township, and under the latter name was established in 1818. It is the only Brunswick Hills Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Medina County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 20.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.