Bujumbura International Airport
|Bujumbura International Airport
Aéroport international de Bujumbura
|IATA: BJM – ICAO: HBBA|
|Elevation AMSL||2,582 ft / 787 m|
Placement on map is approximate
Bujumbura International Airport (IATA: BJM, ICAO: HBBA) is an airport in Bujumbura, the capital of Burundi. The airport is Burundi's only international airport and the country's only airport with a paved runway.
Airlines and destinations
|Ethiopian Airlines||Addis Ababa, Kigali|
|Kenya Airways||Kigali, Nairobi-Jomo Kenyatta|
1: Currently, Brussels Airlines' outbound flights from Bujumbura to Brussels stop in Nairobi, while all inbound flights are nonstop. However, starting October 25, 2015, Brussels Airlines will no longer serve Nairobi; at this time, all outbound flights will stop in Kigali, while all inbound flights will continue to operate nonstop. The airline does not have traffic rights to transport passengers solely between Bujumbura and Nairobi and will not have rights for the Bujumbura to Kigali sector.
|Ethiopian Airlines Cargo||Addis Ababa, Kigali|
|Silverback Cargo Freighters||Addis Ababa, Dubai-International, Jeddah, Johannesburg-OR Tambo|
- "Burundi tourist arrivals: are they improving?". eTN. 11 September 2014. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- MENAFN. "Qatar, Uganda Agree To Update Air Service Agreement". menafn.com. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "flydubai reaches milestone 80 destinations with addition of three new routes in East Africa". flydubai.com. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Ethiopian Airlines Cargo Schedule
- Airport information for HBBA at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.