Uwanja wa Ndege wa Kigoma (Swahili)
|Owner||Government of Tanzania|
|Operator||Tanzania Airports Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||2,700 ft / 823 m|
Kigoma Airport (IATA: TKQ, ICAO: HTKA) is an airport in western Tanzania serving Kigoma. It is located at the east area of Ujiji. The government of Tanzania is planning to improve the airport. The Kigoma non-directional beacon (Ident: KG) is located on the field. Ground handling at the airport is conducted by the Livingstone Aviation Services Limited.
|Precision Air||Dar es Salaam|
Accidents and incidents
- 9 April 2012: Air Tanzania de Havilland Canada Dash 8-300 5H-MWG was written off after an aborted take off. All 39 people on board survived.
- Airport information for TKQ at Great Circle Mapper.
- Google Maps - Kigoma
- "Feasibility Study and Detailed Design for The Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Kigoma Airport" (PDF). Tanzania Airports Authority, Ministry of Infrastructure Development. July 2008.
- Kigoma NDB
- SkyVector Aeronautical Charts
- "LIVINGSTONE AVIATION SERVICES LTD.". LIVINGSTONE AVIATION SERVICES LTD. Retrieved 2016-08-14.
- Hradecky, Simon (9 April 2012). "Accident: Tanzania DH8C at Kigoma on Apr 9th 2012, runway excursion on rejected takeof". Retrieved 15 July 2013.
|This article about an airport in Tanzania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|