Caledonia Township, Boone County, Illinois
Location in Boone County
Boone County's location in Illinois
|Settlement||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||24.35 sq mi (63.1 km2)|
|• Land||24.04 sq mi (62.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.31 sq mi (0.8 km2) 1.27%|
|Elevation||912 ft (278 m)|
|• Density||309.5/sq mi (119.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61008, 61011, 61065|
|GNIS feature ID||0428749|
Caledonia Township is one of nine townships in Boone County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 7,439 and it contained 2,537 housing units. Sometime after 1921, Poplar Grove Township was formed from a portion of Caledonia Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 24.35 square miles (63.1 km2), of which 24.04 square miles (62.3 km2) (or 98.73%) is land and 0.31 square miles (0.80 km2) (or 1.27%) is water.
- North Caledonia
The township contains Drake Cemetery.
- Belvidere Consolidated Unit School District 100
- North Boone Community Unit School District 200
- Rockford School District 205
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 69
- State Senate District 35
- "Caledonia Township, Boone County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Roscoe Township, Winnebago County||Manchester Township|
|Harlem Township, Winnebago County||Poplar Grove Township|
|Rockford Township, Winnebago County||Belvidere Township|