Capital punishment in Guatemala
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As of June 2016, five executions had been carried out since 1983; all were broadcast live on television.
Executions since 1983
|Executed person||Date of execution||Crime||Method||Under President|
|1||Pedro Castillo||September 13, 1996||kidnapping, rape and murder of a 4-year-old girl||firing squad||Álvaro Arzú|
|2||Roberto Giron||September 13, 1996||kidnapping, rape and murder of a 4-year-old girl||firing squad||Álvaro Arzú|
|3||Manuel Martinez Coronado||February 10, 1998||slaughtering seven members of a single family||lethal injection||Álvaro Arzú|
|4||Amilcar Cetino Perez||June 29, 2000||kidnapping and murder of businesswoman Isabel de Botra||lethal injection||Alfonso Portillo|
|5||Tomas Cerrate Hernandez||June 29, 2000||kidnapping and murder of businesswoman Isabel de Botra||lethal injection||Alfonso Portillo|
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Execution chamber in Guatemala
- "The Death Penalty in Guatemala: On the road towards abolition" (Archive). International Federation for Human Rights.
- "Guatamala: [sic] First Ever Execution By Lethal Injection Carried Out - 1998". Associated Press.
- "Guatemala - Man executed by lethal injection". Associated Press.
- "Guatemala - Two men executed for rape and murder - 1996 ". Associated Press.
- "GUATEMALA: KIDNAPPERS KILLED BY LETHAL INJECTION". Associated Press.
- Inter Press Service | News and Views from the Global South
- HANDS OFF CAIN against death penalty in the world
|This Guatemala-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a criminal law topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|