|Type||Single domain antibody|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||27.88 kg/mol|
This drug was developed by Ablynx NV. On 31 August 2018 it was approved in the European Union for the "treatment of adults experiencing an episode of acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (aTTP), in conjunction with plasma exchange and immunosuppression".
It is an anti-von Willebrand factor humanized immunoglobulin. It acts by blocking platelet aggregation to reduce organ injury due to ischemia. Results of the phase II TITAN trial have been reported.
- Statement On A Nonproprietary Name Adopted By The USAN Council - Caplacizumab, American Medical Association.
- World Health Organization (2011). "International Nonproprietary Names for Pharmaceutical Substances (INN). Proposed INN: List 106" (PDF). WHO Drug Information. 25 (4).
- A Trial With Caplacizumab in Patients With Acquired Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (HERCULES)
- European Medicines Agency. "An overview of Cablivi and why it is authorised in the EU" (PDF). Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- Immune Drug Tackles Microvascular Thrombosis Disorder. Feb 2016
|This monoclonal antibody-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|