Category:Native American history of California
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The history of the Indigenous peoples of California.
- For individual tribal histories, see articles & tribal subcategories in: Category: Native American tribes in California
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Native Americans of California.|
- Individual indigenous people of California (historical & contemporary) are in the category for their relevant tribe/people, found in: Category: Native American tribes in California.
- Indigenous Californian languages (historical & contemporary) are in: Category: Indigenous languages of California.
- California Indian reservations (historical & contemporary) are in: Category: American Indian reservations in California.
- California tribes (historical & contemporary) are in: Category: Native American tribes in California.
- Ongoing topics (contemporary or not only historical) are in: Category: Indigenous peoples of California topics.
- Labeled map (external link): Map of Native Tribes, Groups, Language Families, and Dialects of California region in 1770.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Former Native American populated places in California (22 C, 142 P)
- ► Indigenous languages of California (21 C, 73 P)
- ► History of slavery in California (11 P)
Pages in category "Native American history of California"
The following 135 pages are in this category, out of 135 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Mariposa Battalion
- Mariposa War
- Maritime history of California
- Redick McKee
- Meadow Lake Petroglyphs
- Isabel Meadows
- Mendocino War
- Millingstone Horizon
- Mission Indians
- Mission San Diego de Alcalá
- Mission San Luis Rey de Francia
- Mission Santa Inés
- Modoc people
- Modoc War
- Mohave Trail
- Mono Lake
- Mono people
- Sacramento River massacre
- San Dieguito Complex
- Sebastian Indian Reservation
- Serra Springs (California)
- Shalawa Meadow, California
- Shasta people
- Siskiyou Trail
- Slavery in the Spanish New World colonies
- Sogorea Te Land Trust
- Southwest Museum of the American Indian
- Mexican secularization act of 1833
- Spanish missions in California
- Split-twig figurine
- Stoney Point (California)
- First Battle of the Stronghold
- Second Battle of the Stronghold
- Sutter Buttes massacre