Central South Philadelphia, Philadelphia
|Central South Philadelphia|
|Neighborhood of Philadelphia|
The intersection of Broad and Ritner Streets, taken just before dusk in June 2008
|Area code(s)||Area code 215|
Central South Philadelphia, commonly known as either just South Philadelphia or "South Philly," is a neighborhood in South Philadelphia. It is generally bounded by Broad to 9th Streets (west to east) and Mifflin to Shunk (north to south). The entire neighborhood falls under the 19148 zip code. The neighborhood has a large Italian American population.
The neighborhood is zoned to the School District of Philadelphia.
Zoned schools in the community include:
- Francis Scott Key School (K-6)
- Southwark School (K-8) - Students zoned to Key who are in grades 7-8 attend Southwark.
- Racial break down is roughly the following: White - 74%; Black - 11%; Asian - 11%; Other - 5% 
- Women make up 53.4% of the population; men make up 46.6% of the population.
(Please note that these statistics apply to the entire 19148 zip code, not this specific neighborhood; Central South Philadelphia makes up the majority of 19148.)
Central South Philadelphia is serviced by several civic organizations. They work together under the broad heading of the Central South Philadelphia Civic Association Alliance.
The community has a branch of the Philadelphia Free Library, located right next to the former Samuel Fels Community center.
- Zip code boundary maps
- "Francis Scott Key Elementary Geographic Boundaries" (Archive). School District of Philadelphia. Retrieved on November 29, 2015.
- "Southwark Elementary Geographic Boundaries" (Archive). School District of Philadelphia. Retrieved on November 29, 2015.
- "South Philadelphia High School Geographic Boundaries" (Archive). School District of Philadelphia. Retrieved on November 29, 2015.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- City Data stats for 19148 zip code
- Central South Philadelphia Civic Association Alliance (CSPCAA)
- Fumo Family Branch info
- Septa bus schedules Archived January 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.