Photo of Chandannath Municiplity taken from Twin Otter
|• Mayor||Kantika Sejuwal |
|Time zone||UTC+5:45 (NST)|
Chandannath is a municipality in Jumla District in the Karnali province of Nepal. The municipality was established on 18 May 2014 by merging the existing Mahat Gaun, Talium, Kartik Swami (Jumla), and Chandannath village development committees (VDCs). At the time of the 1991 Nepal census it had a population of 5,842 persons living in 1,000 individual households.
Politics and Leadership
Kantika Sejuwal of Nepali Congress is the first elected mayor of Chandannath Municipality in Karnali province, polling 2,777 votes against 2066 by her nearest rival from CPN Maoist Center. Sejuwal is also the only woman elected mayor in the province with its 25 municipalities, apart from 54 rural municipalities.
- "Prov 6 named as Karnali, permanent capital in Birendranagar". myrepublica. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- "Kantika Sejuwal elected mayor of Chandannath Municipality in Province-6". República.
- "72 new municipalities announced". My Republica.com. Archived from the original on 2014-06-18. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- "Government announces 72 new municipalities". The Kathmandu Post. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- "Nepal Census 2001". Nepal's Village Development Committees. Digital Himalaya. Archived from the original on 12 October 2008. Retrieved 11 September 2008.
|This Karnali Pradesh location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|