Charlie Casely-Hayford is a menswear designer based in London. He founded international menswear brand Casely-Hayford at the age of 22 with his father, the acclaimed British fashion designer Joe Casely-Hayford OBE.
Charlie is the great-grandson of the respected politician and writer J. E. Casely Hayford MBE. The cultural historian Gus Casely-Hayford OBE is his uncle and the lawyer, businesswoman and public figure Margaret Casely-Hayford CBE is his aunt. In 2008 The Black Power List named the Casely-Hayford family the most influential black family in the UK. He is married to interior designer Sophie Ashby, founder of Studio Ashby.
After leaving Harrow school, while studying at Central St. Martins College of Art and Design, Charlie began to contribute to a number of styling projects internationally. Charlie has styled musicians varying from Hip-Hop artist Nas to UK band The xx and Grammy-award-winning artist Sam Smith. He has contributed to international publications from GQ Style to i-D magazine.
In 2008, while studying for a degree in History of Art at the Courtauld Institute, Charlie joined his father to launch luxury menswear label Casely-Hayford, a brand based on English Sartorialism and British Anarchy. Joe and Charlie currently work between London and Tokyo where their collections are produced; they focus on the idea of duality as a foundation for the brand's ethos. International stockists include Dover Street Market, Colette, Corso Como, Barneys, I.T. Hong Kong and Isetan.
In 2010 Charlie was made the global face of Converse's international ad campaign, which celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Jack Purcell Trainer. In 2008/2009 he modelled alongside Coco Sumner as the face of Dr. Martens.
In June 2010 Charlie was selected by Esquire Magazine as a "Brilliant Brit" in their prediction of 75 young talents shaping 2010. He was also selected to feature in i-D magazine's 100 most important portraits in fashion, shot by Nick Knight.
In June 2011, Premier Model Management signed up Charlie as the newest addition to their Special Bookings board.
In April 2017 Charlie collaborated with UK fashion brand Topman on a successful suiting collection titled Topman Fine Tailoring. The collection was sold through 30 stores in the UK and internationally.
- "Joe and Charlie Casely-Hayford - Casely-Hayford". casely-hayford.com.
- "SAM SMITH". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- "You've been framed: What happened when GQ Style turned artists into". 9 March 2013.
- "Casely-Hayford - British Luxury Menswear & Womenswear". www.casely-hayford.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 27 April 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- "Ghana Rising".
- [permanent dead link]
- "50 Best Dressed Men in Britain 2013". GQ. 1 January 2013. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015.
- "50 Best Dressed Men in Britain 2014". GQ. 5 December 2013. Archived from the original on 16 February 2015.
- "50 Best Dressed Men in Britain 2015". GQ. 5 January 2015. Archived from the original on 7 January 2015.
- "The 40 Best-Dressed Men In The World (Who Actually Dress Themselves)". Esquire. 2017-05-03. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- "The Cool List". GQ. 2 March 2015.
- "Men's Fashion - Men's Designer Clothes 2017 - Farfetch". www.style.com.
- Conlon, Scarlett. "Topman Taps Charlie Casely-Hayford". www.vogue.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-11-27.