|• Official||Hindi, Santali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Chatra|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Chatra|
Chatra is located at.
Chatra has several waterfalls around it: Gua Falls (6 km), Keridah Falls (8 km), Maludah Falls (8 km), and Bichkiliya (11 km). Balbal Duari (25 km) has a hot spring.
As per 2011 Census of India Chatra Nagar Parishad had a total population of 49.985, of which 26,555 were males and 23,430 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 3,454 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 242.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Chatra Nagar Parishad was 33,746, out of which 19,270 were males and 14,476 were females.
- "Exploring Jharkhand". Jharkhand4u. Retrieved 2010-04-29.
- "History of Chatra district". Government of Jharkhand. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". Jharkhand – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- "Census of India 2001". Table - 3 : Population, population in the age group 0-6 and literates by sex - Cities/Towns (in alphabetic order): 2001. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- "Pin Code of Chatra". citypincode.in. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|