Promotional poster for Cheo Yong
|Also known as||Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-yong
Detective Cheo-yong Who Sees Ghosts
Cheo Yong: The Paranormal Detective
|Written by||Hong Seung-hyun|
|Directed by||Kang Chul-woo|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Production company(s)||CMG Chorok Stars
|Original network||Orion Cinema Network|
|Original release||February 9, 2014– October 18, 2015|
Cheo Yong (Hangul: 귀신보는 형사, 처용; RR: Gwisinboneun Hyeongsa, Cheo-yong; lit. "Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-yong") is a South Korean television series starring Oh Ji-ho, Oh Ji-eun and Jun Hyo-seong. The first season aired on cable channel OCN from February 9 to April 6, 2014 for 10 episodes.
The second season aired from August 23, 2015 to October 18, 2015, with Oh Ji-ho and Jun Hyo-seong reprising their roles, Ha Yeon-joo as the protagonist's new partner.
Detective Yoon Cheo-yong was born with the supernatural ability to see, hear and touch ghosts. He solves mysterious, unsolved cases along with tough and passionate colleague Ha Sun-woo, and Han Na-young, the ghost of a high school girl. It was November, his daughter birthday was coming up. His daughter woke up the morning of her birthday and all her friends were there to surprise her because it was her birthday. The truth was her daughter was the one who invited all her friend and plan her own surprise birthday. she pretend to be surprised and happy . all of her friends look dull so she end up jump off the building. in conclusion she learnt impulsive force.
- Oh Ji-ho as Yoon Cheo-yong
- A detective who loses his family and partner in a tragic incident. He goes from elite detective in the violent crimes unit to a lowly district cop, completely disengaged from life for seven years. Born with the supernatural ability to see, hear, and touch ghosts, one day Cheo-yong starts talking back to the schoolgirl ghost who keeps haunting him and strangely enough, communicating with the undead is what brings him back to the land of the living. He starts to work mysterious cases with his partner Ha Sun-woo, with the added help of "dead signs" that the victims' souls leave behind.
- Oh Ji-eun as Ha Sun-woo (season 1)
- A detective in the regional investigation unit who is famous for her tenacity. Her keen sense of observation makes her particularly good at spotting a suspect's weak point, which also comes in handy for her specialty — crime scene reconstructions. Sun-woo is so dogged in her pursuit of closing cases that other cops find her hard to work with.
- The departed spirit of an ebullient high school girl who roams around a local police investigation unit aiding its inquiries.
- Ha Yeon-joo as Jung Ha-yoon (season 2)
- Joo Jin-mo as Kang Ki-young (season 2)
- Yoo Seung-mok as Byun Gook-jin
- Yeon Je-wook as Lee Jong-hyun
- Yoo Min-kyu as Park Min-jae (season 1)
- Choi Deok-moon as Yang Soo-hyuk
- Kim Kwon as Han Tae-kyung (season 2)
- Baek Sung-hyun as Jang Dae-seok (ep 1, 9-10)
- Kang Ki-hwa as Min Joo-yeon (ep 1)
- Kim Young-jae as Doctor (ep 1)
- Jeon Ji-ahn as Kim Hye-sun (ep 2)
- Oh Hee-joon as Ghost hunter cameraman (ep 2)
- Moon Se-yoon as Ghost hunter cameraman (ep 2)
- Jung So-young as Choi Yeon-seo / Kang Mi-soo (ep 3)
- Kwon Min as Song Byung-chang (ep 3)
- Jang Eun-ah as Oh Hyun-jin (ep 3)
- Jo Jae-wan as Kim Jae-kwang (ep 3)
- Woo Jin-hee as Kang Je-yi (ep 4)
- Jo Deok-hyun as Vice principal (ep 4)
- Kim Na-hyun as Park Seul-gi (ep 4)
- Ji Su-min as Student (ep 4)
- Jeon Chang-gul as Fisherman (ep 6)
- Lee Sang-in as Lee Dong-mi (ep 6)
- Kang Sung-pil as Ghost (ep 6)
- Kang Sung-min as Choi Yong-joon (ep 6)
- Lee Jae-hee as young Yong-joon
- Kim Hee-ryung as Ahn Gil-ja, Yong-joon's mother (ep 6)
- Yeom Hye-ah as Jang Hye-ji (ep 7)
- Jo Yong-jin as Lee Byung-hoon (ep 7)
- Yang Eun-yong as Park Myung-hee (ep 7)
- Kang Suk-jung as Im Dong-chul (ep 7)
- Seo Ho-chul as Park Yoo-seok (ep 7)
- Heo Jung-kyu as Uhm Jin-won (ep 7)
- Park Woo-chun as Jo Byung-woo (ep 8)
- Oh Min-suk as Han Tae (ep 10)
- Park Jung-hak as Moon Doo-hyun (ep 10)
- Lee Bit-na as Lee Ji-yeon (season 2, ep 8)
The name "Cheo Yong" is inspired by a character in a folktale from the Silla dynasty; Cheo-yong discovers that his wife has committed infidelity with the god of smallpox, and he sings and dances until the god kneels before him in apology. Since then, people have attached an image of Cheo-yong to their gates to dispel evil spirits and invite auspicious energies.
|1.||"잃어버린 것들" (Lost Things)||Horan||3:41|
|1.||"멀어지지 말아요"||Young Ji (Bubble Sisters)|
|2.||"Memories" (feat. 안현정)||DinDin|
|4.||"처용" (Stay)||Yoon Hyung Ryul|
|5.||"I Believe"||zion (시온)|
- Lee, Eun-ah (7 August 2013). "SECRET's Hyo Seong Cast in Oh Ji-ho's Drama". TenAsia. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- Lee, Sun-min (8 August 2013). "Secret singer Hyosung tries acting". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- Jin, Min-ji (25 June 2015). "Cheo Yeong returns with Oh, Jun". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2015-06-26.
- "CJ E&M Launches New Supernatural Detective Drama Cheo Yong: The Paranormal Detective". Hancinema. 11 February 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- "Secret Singer Thrilled at Second Life as Soap Ghost". The Chosun Ilbo. 15 March 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- Ko, Soo-jin (17 August 2015). "Secret's Jun Hyo Seong Says Kong Hyo Jin is Her Role Model". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- "Dance of Cheoyong". Cultural Heritage Administration of Korea. Retrieved 2014-03-18.