China Open (table tennis)
|Event name||China Open|
|Tour||ITTF World Tour|
|Location||Chengdu (since 2014)|
|Venue||Sichuan Province Gymnasium (2016)|
|Draw||32S / 16D|
|Prize money||US$220,000 (2016)|
|Current champions (2017)|
|Men's singles||Dimitrij Ovtcharov|
|Women's singles||Ding Ning|
|Men's doubles|| Jin Ueda
|Women's doubles|| Ding Ning
The tournament was first held in 1988, and has featured on the ITTF World Tour's schedule every year since the Tour's inception in 1996.
China's Wang Liqin and Ma Long jointly hold the record for most men's singles tournament wins, with six each, while Wang Nan, Zhang Yining and Li Xiaoxia of China all share the record for most women's singles tournament wins, with five each.
In August 2016, it was announced by the ITTF that Chengdu has been chosen as one of six cities to host a "World Tour Platinum" event in 2017. These events will replace the Super Series as the top tier of the ITTF World Tour.
1988 - 1989
|Year||Host City||Men's Singles||Women's Singles||Men's Doubles||Women's Doubles||Mixed Doubles|
|1988||Guangzhou||Xu Zengcai||He Zhili|| Chen Longcan
| Katsuko Tominaga
| Lin Zhigang
|1989||Shanghai||Chen Zhibin||Deng Yaping|| Ma Wenge
| Chen Jing
| Chen Longcan
1991 - present
1. ^ Doubles events was replaced with Teams events.
- "ITTF Statistics". International Table Tennis Federation. Archived from the original on 14 August 2010. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- "ITTF Announces 12 Host Cities for New & Improved 2017 World Tour". International Table Tennis Federation. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- "GAC Group 2015 ITTF World Tour, China Open (Super),05 Aug 2015 - 09 Aug 2015, Chengdu, CHN". International Table Tennis Federation. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- "2016 ITTF World Tour SheSays China Open (Super),14 Sep 2016 - 18 Sep 2016, Chengdu, CHN". International Table Tennis Federation. Archived from the original on 15 September 2016. Retrieved 18 September 2016.