College for Creative Studies
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Colors||PMS 109 (Gold), PMS 276 (Deep Purple)|
College for Creative Studies (CCS) is a private college in Detroit, Michigan, USA. It enrolls more than 1,400 students and focuses on arts education. The college is also active in offering art education to children through its Community Arts Partnerships program and its Henry Ford Academy: School for Creative Studies.
The college is authorized by the Michigan Education Department to grant bachelor's and master's degrees, and by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design and the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Susan Aaron-Taylor - section chairperson of the Fiber Design Department and Professor of the Crafts Department
- Kevin Beasley - artist
- Harry Bertoia - Italian-born artist, sculptor and modern furniture designer
- Doug Chiang - American film designer and artist
- Stephen Dinehart – designer
- Wendy Froud - doll-artist, sculptor and puppet-maker
- Ralph Gilles - president and CEO of the Street and Racing Technology/Motorsports and Senior Vice President of Design at Chrysler Group LLC
- Tyree Guyton - noted artist behind the Heidelberg Project
- Chris Houghton, co-creator of Big City Greens
- David Lyon - designer, Pocketsquare Design worked for VinFast
- Paul Mobley – photographer and owner of Paul Mobley Studio
- Joel Piaskowski – director of design, Ford Motor Company
- Renée Radell - artist
- Mary Lynn Rajskub- known for playing Chloe O'brian in the Fox action-thriller 24
- Patrick Schiavone - vice president, design, North America region for Whirlpool Corporation
- Kevin Siembieda - co-founder of Palladium Books
- B. K. Taylor - illustrator and writer noted for his Odd Rods trading stickers, illustrations for Sick magazine and National Lampoon, and his writing for Home Improvement
- Jelani Aliyu - automobile designer, General Motors' senior program designer and director general of the Nigerian Automotive Design and Development Council
- John Krsteski - Chief Designer at Genesis USA
- "History". College for Creative Studies. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Our History". Henry Ford Academy: School for Creative Studies. Archived from the original on 12 August 2017. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Accreditation". College for Creative Studies. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Undergraduate Programs (BFA)". College for Creative Studies. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Graduate Programs (MFA)". College for Creative Studies. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Ralph Gilles puts the brakes on Viper-Ferrari collaboration rumors". Autoblog. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "User Experience Design - Pocket Square". Pocket Square Design. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Christopher Svensson and Joel Piaskowski join Ford". Car Design News. Archived from the original on 26 April 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Pat Schiavone, Ford Flex and F150 designer, resigns". Autoblog. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Jelani Aliyu". Linkedin. Linkedin. Retrieved 3 October 2020.
- "John Krsteski". linkedin. linkedin. Retrieved 3 October 2020.