Cut Her Off
|"Cut Her Off"|
|Single by K Camp featuring 2 Chainz|
|from the album In Due Time|
|Released||December 19, 2013|
|K Camp singles chronology|
|2 Chainz singles chronology|
"Cut Her Off" (also known as "Cut That Bitch Off") is song by American rapper K Camp with a guest appearance from fellow Atlanta rapper 2 Chainz. It was co-written by both artists and produced by Will-A-Fool. It was released on December 11, 2013 as the first single from his debut EP In Due Time. "Cut Her Off" has since peaked at number 49 on the Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at numbers 5 on the Hot Rap Songs chart.
"Cut Her Off" was met with generally positive reviews from music critics. Complex named it the forty-first best song of the first half of 2014. In his review Justin Davis said, "K Camp has started the year with a number of hits, but "Cut Her Off" is undoubtedly his catchiest. The song's subject matter is simple enough—Camp is fed up with the stress from clingy women—but his melodies grab the listener to repeat his rebellious verses verbatim. It's literally the rap version of Beyoncé's "Irreplaceable." Add in an equally wacky 2 Chainz verse and "Cut Her Off" is easily the breakup anthem of the year."
"Cut Her Off" debuted at number 89 on the Billboard Hot 100 the week of April 26, 2014. Ten weeks later, it peaked at number 49 on the week of July 5, 2014. It spent a total of twenty weeks on the chart. As of September 16, 2016, Cut Her Off has 27 million streams on Stopify, 71 million views on YouTube & has peaked at number 22 on the rhythmic charts.
Directed by Alex Nazari, the song's music video features K Camp being harassed by various women, while he ignores them. In the middle part, K Camp answers a payphone call from 2 Chainz asking him to come to a restaurant. He enters through the back of the kitchen and meets with 2 Chainz who's eating with a bunch of women at the table. The video premiered on the artist's YouTube page on May 21, 2014.
The official remix to "Cut Her Off" features Lil Boosie, Too Short and YG. The music video for the official remix was released on July 15, 2014. In the video, the three rappers stunt on a set surrounded by nice cars and a group of women.
Rapper Wiz Khalifa also released a Weedmix of the single called "Get That Zip Off" for his 12th mixtape 28 Grams in 2014.
Awards and nominations
|2014||2014 BET Hip Hop Awards||Track of the Year||Nominated|
|Best Club Banger|
|Belgium Urban (Ultratop Flanders)||44|
|US Billboard Hot 100||49|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||11|
|US Rhythmic (Billboard)||22|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Davis, Justin (June 30, 2014). "The Best Songs of 2014 (So Far): K Camp f/ 2 Chainz "Cut Her Off"". Complex. Complex Media. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- "The Hot 100: April 26, 2014". Billboard. Retrieved December 3, 2018.
- "KCamp and 2 Chainz – Cut Her Off". aCharts.co. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- "K Camp f. 2 Chainz – "Cut Her Off"". HipHopDX. Cheri Media Group. May 21, 2014. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- "Watch K Camp's Video For "Cut Her Off (Remix)" Featuring Lil Boosie, YG And Too $hort". XXL. Townsquare Media. July 15, 2014. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- "Trina f. Lil Mo – Cut Her Off (Remix)". HipHopDX. Cheri Media Group. June 4, 2014. Retrieved October 13, 2014.
- Nostro, Lauren. "Here Are the 2014 BET Hip-Hop Award Nominees". Complex. Complex Media. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "Ultratop.be – K Camp feat. 2 Chainz – Cut Her Off" (in Dutch). Ultratop Urban. Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- "K Camp Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved June 20, 2014.
- "K Camp Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved June 20, 2014.
- "K Camp Chart History (Rhythmic)". Billboard. Retrieved June 20, 2014.
- "American single certifications – K Camp – Cut Her Off". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.