D-Nice in June 2005
|Birth name||Derrick Jones|
|Born||June 19, 1970|
|Origin||The Bronx, New York|
|Genres||Hip hop, soul|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, Beatboxer, Photographer, Singer|
|Labels||Roc Nation, Jive, Violator|
Boogie Down Productions |
Scott La Rock
Naughty by Nature
Derrick Jones (born June 19, 1970), better known by his stage name D-Nice, is an American disc jockey, beatboxer, rapper, producer and photographer who began his career in the mid-1980s with the hip hop group Boogie Down Productions. He discovered Kid Rock in 1988, landing him a deal with Jive Records.
D-Nice currently works as a DJ as well as a photographer. He shot the album covers for Carl Thomas' 2007 album So Much Better and Pharoahe Monch's 2011 album W.A.R. (We Are Renegades). He also photographed the album cover for Kenny Lattimore's 2017 album, Vulnerable.
He has a daughter, Ashli Lyric Jones (born 1996), from a previous relationship and a daughter named Dylan Coleman-Jones with Kelli M. Coleman, Executive Vice President for GlobalHue. In August 2008 he married actress Malinda Williams but the couple separated in October 2009. In February 2010 the couple filed for divorce and the divorce was finalized on June 14, 2010.
|Call Me D-Nice
|To tha Rescue
- Kellman, Andy. "Biography: D-Nice". Allmusic. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- Carl Thomas - So Much Better (CD liner notes). Bungalo Records. 02097 01182
- Bark, Theo. "Photosynthesis With D-Nice: A History of Hip-Hop Photography". The Boombox. theboombox.com. Retrieved 2014-06-08.
- "Kenny Lattimore To Get 'Vulnerable' On New Album As He Reveals Cover Art & Tracklist". soulbounce.com. Kimberly Shines Media. Retrieved 2018-03-24.
- Essence.com: Derrick Jones posed with his new family
- http://instagram.com/p/wwkKdYHUMr/?modal=true. Missing or empty
- Malinda x D-Nice: We Wanted This One To Last | Vibe
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to D-Nice.|