DEF II was a programming strand on BBC2, which aired at 6pm on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 May 1988 to 23 May 1994, to serve the teenage market. It was produced by Janet Street-Porter, and followed on from her influential youth TV show Network 7, on Channel 4. Many of the presenters and staff on DEF II started their careers on Network 7 and had followed Street-Porter when she was "poached" by the BBC. It had an ident featuring a barcode which differed from the usual idents used on BBC2.
DEF II shows
- Babylon II
- DEF II: EXTRA!
- Battlestar Galactica (Continued on BBC2 til 2001)
- Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (Continued on BBC2 until 1997)
- Cyberzone 
- Dance Energy
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (Continued on BBC2 until 2004)
- Goggle Eyes
- The Invaders (Continued on BBC2 until the late 1990s)
- Les Lives!
- Liquid Television
- Mission: Impossible (Continued on BBC2 until the late 1990s)
- The Real McCoy (Continued on BBC2 until 1996)
- The Ren and Stimpy Show (Continued on BBC2 until 1999)
- Rough Guides To The World
- Standing Room Only
- Snub TV
- Frontiers of Style
- Wayne's World
- "BFI Screenonline: Street-Porter, Janet (1946-) Biography". Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "BFI Screenonline: Network 7 (1987-88)". Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | CYBERZONE". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
|This article related to a BBC television programme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|