DEF II was a programming strand on BBC2, which aired at 6pm on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 May 1988 to 23 May 1994, to serve the teenage market. It was produced by Janet Street-Porter, and followed on from her influential youth TV show Network 7, on Channel 4. Many of the presenters and staff on DEF II started their careers on Network 7 and had followed Street-Porter when she was "poached" by the BBC. It had an ident featuring a barcode which differed from the usual idents used on BBC2.
DEF II shows
Programmes shown as part of DEF II included both original content, such as Reportage, as well as those from other sources, such as American imports. These included:-
- Babylon II
- DEF II: EXTRA!
- Battlestar Galactica (Continued on BBC2 til 2001)
- Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (Continued on BBC2 until 1997)
- Cyberzone 
- Dance Energy
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (Continued on BBC2 until 2004)
- Goggle Eyes
- The Invaders (Continued on BBC2 until the late 1990s)
- Les Lives!
- Liquid Television
- Mission: Impossible (Continued on BBC2 until the late 1990s)
- The Real McCoy (Continued on BBC2 until 1996)
- The Ren and Stimpy Show (Continued on BBC2 until 1999)
- Rough Guides To The World
- Standing Room Only
- Snub TV
- "BFI Screenonline: Street-Porter, Janet (1946-) Biography". Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "BFI Screenonline: Network 7 (1987-88)". Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | CYBERZONE". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
|This article related to a BBC television programme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|