|Full name||Daniel W. Gormally|
|Born||4 May 1976|
|FIDE rating||2465 (April 2017)|
|Peak rating||2573 (January 2006)|
In September 2006, he tied for 2nd-9th with Luke McShane, Stephen J. Gordon, Gawain Jones, Šarūnas Šulskis, Luís Galego, Klaus Bischoff and Karel van der Weide in the 2nd EU Individual Championship in Liverpool. In November 2006 Gormally was joint winner of the British Rapidplay Chess Championship.
In 2015 he tied for the second place with David Howell and Nicholas Pert in the 102nd British Championship and eventually finished fourth on tiebreak. Also in 2015, he appeared as a contestant in three episodes of the television quiz Fifteen To One and in one episode of The Chase.
- Kosten, Tony; Gormally, Danny (1999). Easy Guide to the Najdorf. Everyman Chess. ISBN 1857445295.
- Gormally, Danny (2010). Play Chess Like the PROs. Everyman Chess. ISBN 978-1857446272.
- Gormally, Danny (2010). Calculate Like a Grandmaster. Batsford. ISBN 9781906388690.
- Gormally, Danny (2014). Mating the Castled King. Quality Chess. ISBN 978-1-907982-71-2.
- Gormally, Daniel (2016). Insanity, Passion and Addiction - A Year Inside the Chess World. Chess Evolution. ISBN 978-83-934656-9-9.
- Crowther, Mark (2003-01-13). "TWIC: 78th Hastings Congress". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- Pein, Malcolm (2003-01-09). "Gormally's glory". The Telegraph. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- Crowther, Mark (18 September 2006). "TWIC 619: European Union Individual Championships". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- Crowther, Mark (6 November 2006). "TWIC 626: British Rapidplay". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- Crowther, Mark (7 August 2015). "102nd British Chess Championship 2015". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- Daniel Gormally team chess record at Olimpbase.org
- Daniel Gormally chess games at 365Chess.com
- Daniel Gormally player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|This biographical article relating to a British chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|