|Municipality of Dao|
Map of Capiz with Dao highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|District||2nd district of Capiz|
|Barangays||20 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Joselito Y. Escutin|
|• Electorate||19,899 voters (2016)|
|• Total||88.64 km2 (34.22 sq mi)|
|• Density||370/km2 (950/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)36|
|Climate type||Tropical climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||83.3 million (2016)|
Dao is 32 kilometres (20 mi) from Roxas City.
- Ilas Sur
- Mapulang Bato
- Poblacion Ilawod
- Poblacion Ilaya
- San Agustin (Ilas Norte)
In 1957 the barrio of Nasuli-B was renamed to Santo Tomas.
|Population census of Dao|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Dao, Capiz, was 32,496 people, with a density of 370 inhabitants per square kilometre or 960 inhabitants per square mile.
- Jocelyn "Joc-Joc" Isada Bolante is the son of Salvacion Isada and Vicente Bolante. He is the former Undersecretary of the Department of Agriculture and alleged mastermind of the 2004 Fertilizer Fund Scam. However, in a decision promulgated by the Supreme Court on April 17, 2017, he was acquitted on the ground of insufficiency of evidence and it was found out that he was not a member of the Board of Trustees of LIVECOR for 14 months before the latter even made the initial transaction, which was the subject of the suspicious transaction reports. Furthermore, according to the Audit Report submitted by the Commission on Audit, no part of the Php 728 million fertilizer fund was ever released to the LIVECOR. The accusations made against him is considered as a political humiliation by the Aquino administration.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Capiz". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An Act Changing the Name of the Barrio of Nasuli-B in the Municipality of Dao, Province of Antique, to Santo Tomas". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.[permanent dead link]
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Capiz". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|This article about a location in Western Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|