|Former names||DeSoto Civic Center (2000–2011)|
|Address||4560 Venture Drive|
|Operator||DeSoto County Convention & Visitors Bureau|
8,400 (ice hockey)
|Broke ground||April 24, 1998|
|Opened||September 16, 2000|
|Construction cost||$35 million
($48.7 million in 2016 dollars)
|Architect||Johnson Bailey Henderson McNeel Architects|
|General contractor||Carothers Construction Inc.|
|Mississippi RiverKings (SPHL) (2000–present)
Memphis Houn'Dawgs (ABA) (2000–2001)
Memphis Xplorers (af2) (2001–2006)
Mid-South (NBA G-League) (2017–present)
It also is used as a concert venue, boxing arena, and for ice shows and circuses. Since 2009, the Mid-South Fair has been held at the Landers Center. Formerly, the fair was held in midtown Memphis at the Fairgrounds.
NBA Development League
Beginning with the 2017–2018 National Basketball Association season, the Memphis Grizzlies will operate their team of the NBA Development League in the arena. The announcement came after the Grizzlies decided to end their agreement with the Iowa Energy, another D-League team. This will be the second time a basketball team has played a season at the Landers Center. Further details about the team are expected soon.
On January 4, 2012, Memphis-based Landers Auto Group purchased the naming rights. The name was changed to the Landers Center.
- Johnson, Laurie (April 23, 1998). "DeSoto Civic Center Groundbreaking Set for Friday". The Daily News (Memphis). Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Community Development Project. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved January 2, 2017.
- "Landers Center: Convention Hall". landerscenter.com. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Grizzlies to Own, Operate D-League Team in Southaven".
- Van Tuyl, Chris (December 28, 2011). "Memphis-Based Landers Auto Group Buys Naming Rights to DeSoto Civic Center". The Commercial Appeal. Memphis. Retrieved December 28, 2011.
|This article about a sports venue in Mississippi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|