Atlanta Pride, 2011
|Born||Katherine Lee Hintion
November 13, 1968
|Education||Stone Mountain High School|
|Occupation||Flight Attendant, Flight Attendant Instructor for Delta Airlines|
|Years active||1997–2013, 2015-present (Flight Attendant) 1999-2013, 2015-present (Flight Attendant Instructor)|
|Home town||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
Katherine Lee (born November 13, 1968) better known as Deltalina, is a Former-Atlanta based (now Los Angeles based) flight attendant for Delta Air Lines and from 2008 until 2012, 2016- (cameo appearances 2012-15) was main presenter of Delta's onboard safety videos. The first Deltalina safety video was released in February 2008 and quickly became popular not only on board but also became one of the most-watched videos on YouTube soon after its release.
The video are praised for their ability to get passengers to pay attention to them, through several techniques.
The video however, was criticized in the book How to Do Things With Videogames by Ian Bogost because, in Bogost's opinion, the attention that is paid to the videos is given to Lee and not to the actual safety instructions.
In Late 2012, Delta Air Lines made two new safety videos in which Lee is not the presenter, but in which she does appear in a cameo role, admonishing against smoking on board with her famous finger wag. However, starting in June 2014, three flight attendants from Minneapolis (2) and Detroit (1) (respectively), took over her role in three New Delta safety videos (2013) for the first time since 2005. This Flight attendant had returned to the public in May 2015.
In September 2008 Lee shot a series of humorous instructional videos for the Atlanta Falcons football team, shown on the large screens at the Georgia Dome in advance of each home game. The videos' theme was "Delta Safety First".
In March 2009, Lee helped celebrate the opening of the heliport atop the W Hotel Downtown Atlanta, accompanying developer Hal Barry and his wife in a helicopter which landed there, kicking off the party. Tycoon Barry, inspiration for the protagonist in the Tom Wolfe novel A Man in Full, intended to commute between downtown and his estate 50 miles (80 km) further south. In the same month Lee appeared both in print and video to help kick off the relaunch of Delta's inflight magazine, Sky.
In 2011, Lee served as spokesperson in an infomercial for Healthy Trim, a diet supplement.
She was born on November 13, 1968. Lee is currently living in California.
- "Delta's In-flight Safety Video". YouTube. 20 February 2008. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "Latest Articles from Z107-7 with opinions from , and more". Z107-7. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "Deltalina breekt door". telegraaf.nl. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "Stewardess schittert in instructiefilmpje" ("Flight attendant shines in instructional video"), De Standaard and Het Nieuwsblad, 24 March 2008
- "How to Do Things With Videogames". google.com. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "New Delta safety videos, Deltalina is back". Atlanta Business Chronicle. 13 November 2012. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- 11Alive Staff, WXIA (12 November 2012). "Deltalina is back in new Delta air safety videos". 11Alive. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "Deltalina on Ellen". YouTube. 31 March 2008. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- date: "This Day in Ellen History", Ellen show, May 22, 2010
- "DELTALINA WAGS HER FINGER AT THE DOME", "Peach Buzz", Access Atlanta (Atlanta Journal-Constitution), September 24 2008
- "Delta, Official Airline of the Atlanta Falcons", Delta Air Lines, September 26, 2008
- Leon Stafford, "It’s easier to get a lift downtown: New helipad provides way to beat traffic", Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 2009-03-11
- "Deltalina welcomes you to the new Sky Magazine", Sky magazine, Delta Air Lines, March 26, 2009
- "Fame and Marriage Proposal for Deltalina", The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Richard L. Eldredge, "Delta’s famed attendant, others offer travel packing tips", The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, November 21, 2008
- "Delta's Red-Headed Flight Attendant a Hit on YouTube in Airline's Safety Video", FOX News, March 23, 2008