Dhanendra Kumar (born 1946) is a civil servant (joined Indian Administrative Service – India's Premier Federal Government Service, in 1968), former Executive Director at World Bank and first Chairman of Competition Commission of India. He is currently assisting Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (of Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India) as Principal Advisor and Chief Mentor of School of Competition Law – the upcoming National Centre of Excellence.
He is the founder – Chairman of Competition Advisory Services (India) LLP (COMPAD).
He was conferred National Citizen's Award by Mother Teresa for outstanding contribution in development of Industrial Parks in Haryana. He was also awarded honorary doctorate in recognition of outstanding contribution in public affairs.
Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has constituted a Committee under his Chairmanship for framing of National Competition Policy (India) and related matters (formulate amendments in the Act).
Mr. Kumar did his schooling from Saharanpur district in Uttar Pradesh (UP), followed by Bachelor of Science (BSc) & Master of Science (MSc) from University of Allahabad. Then after, he continued his association with academics and was a Lecturer in Physics at Maharaj Singh College, Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
Mr. Kumar is a 1968 batch Indian Administrative Service officer of the Haryana Cadre. He gradually climbed the ranks to become a senior official with vast experience in the economic and infrastructure development sectors.
He was first posted as an Assistant Commissioner (Ambala) in the year 1969.
Below is a complete list of positions that Mr. Kumar served in his rich career of more than 4 decades –
|04/2012||Present||Chairman||Committee – Streamlining Approval Procedures for Real Estate Projects (SAPREP), Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (MHUPA)|
|06/2011||Present||Chairman||Committee – National Competition Policy, Ministry of Corporate Affairs|
|02/2009||06/2011||Chairman||Competition Commission of India|
|11/2005||01/2009||Executive Director – India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan||The World Bank|
|08/2005||10/2005||Secretary||Ministry of Defence, Government of India|
|07/2004||07/2005||Secretary||Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India|
|10/2002||06/2004||Secretary||Ministry of Culture, Government of India|
|05/2002||10/2002||Chairman & managing director||Rural Electrification Corporation Ltd.|
|09/1998||05/2002||Additional Secretary||Ministry of Communications, Government of India|
|05/1996||09/1998||Financial Commissioner||Government of Haryana|
|06/1991||05/1996||Principal Secretary to Chief Minister||Government of Haryana|
|06/1991||05/1996||Chairman||Haryana State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (HSIIDC)|
|05/1991||05/1991||Joint Secretary||Ministry of Textiles, Government of India|
|08/1988||05/1991||managing director||Haryana State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (HSIIDC)|
|05/1986||07/1988||Joint Secretary||Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India|
|01/1983||05/1986||Resident Director||Indian Investment Centre, London|
|08/1979||01/1983||Director of Industries||Government of Haryana|
|06/1978||07/1979||Registrar of Cooperative Societies||Government of Haryana|
|07/1977||06/1978||Deputy Secretary (Irrigation and Power)||Government of Haryana|
|10/1976||07/1977||District collector||District of Karnal, Government of Haryana|
|11/1975||10/1976||District collector||District of Jind, Government of Haryana|
|08/1973||10/1975||Labour Commissioner||Government of Haryana|
|04/1969||08/1973||Assistant Commissioner (Ambala)||Government of Haryana|
|04/1969||08/1973||Sub Divisional Officer–Civil (Hansi)||Government of Haryana|
|04/1969||08/1973||Additional District collector||Government of Haryana|
- "Road to World Bank, IMF".
- "New ACC Appointments".
- "Govt appoints Dhanendra Kumar as CCI Chairman".
- "CCI Mandated to Make Markets Function for the Consumer and to Ensure Fair and Healthy Competition in the Indian Economy- Dhanendra Kumar".
- "A Round Table on Corporate Regulation Stresses the need for Such Regulation to be Growth-Oriented, Transparent and Inclusive".
- "Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs Signs MoU with National Law School of India University".
- "Systemic Changes Required To Energise Competition Law: Chairperson Compat".
- "Dhanendra Kumar to be Secretary Defence Production".
- "ACC approves Secretary level appointments".
- "Dhanendra Kumar takes charge as Secretary, Road Transport and Highways". Archived from the original on 3 February 2015.
- "ASI to undertake six phased conservation work at famous Ta Prohm Temple in Cambodia".
- "Competition Advisory Services (India) LLP".
- "MCA draft – Ministry of Corporate Affairs".
- "Second round of Consultations on the Revised Version of National Competition Policy Begins Tomorrow".
- "Single Window System for Clearance for Real Estate Projects Soon: Ajay Maken".
- "Comprehensive Competition Reforms at Centre State and Sub-State Levels will be Defining Moment in India: Moily".
- "Government is Committed to bringing in a fair merger and Acquisition Regime in the Country however mergers that Create Monopolies or abuse of Dominance are Unaccetable – Murli Deora".
- "Murli Deora to Chair a Special Meeting to Listen the Views of Corporate India on Issues Relating to Competition". Archived from the original on 26 December 2015.
- "Union Finance Minister Calls for Review of the Present System of Monitoring Wholesale and Retail Prices of the Essential Commodities".
- "India Unanimously Elected as Vice President at the UNCTAD Conference".
- "National Conference on the State of Competition in the Indian Economy concludes".
- "Competition Commission of India to organize a two-day National Conference on the State of Competition in the Indian Economy from tomorrow".
- "World Bank supports Tamil Nadu in restoring traditional water-bodies and improving irrigated Agriculture and Water Management".
- "India and France sign contracts worth $3.5 billion for construction of Scorpene class submarines for Indian Navy".
- "Italian companies keen to invest in road infrastructuire in India".
- "T.R. Baalu inaugurates first meeting of the SAARC technical committee on transport Development of efficient transport infrastructure must for fast growth of South ASIAN Economies: Baalu". Archived from the original on 4 March 2016.
- "T.R. Baalu hands over cheques worth over Rs. 3.17 crore to Prime Minister for Tsunami relief. Nearly Rs. 54 crore contributed so far by organisations under Min. of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways".
- "OECD global forum on International Investment and India investment roundtable October 19–21".
- "Roundtable to focus on investment opportunities and challenges in India – Kamal Nath to inaugurate".
- "Seminar on Design, Construction and Maintenance of Cement Concrete Roads inaugurated. T. R. BAALU CALLS FOR GREATER USE OF CEMENT IN ROAD CONSTRUCTION IN INDIA".